TGP broken in F-16C

shadegreyhorn

I cannot track an area or point target, or at times even get the TGP to slew/uncage as SOI. Makes the A-G capabilities almost useless. Still great A-A, but coming from a warthog to this I expected more. Please fix! Will proved pictures/videos later.

Edited by shadegreyhorn
added video
  • Like 1

• ED Team
3 hours ago, shadegreyhorn said:

I cannot track an area or point target, or at times even get the TGP to slew/uncage as SOI. Makes the A-G capabilities almost useless. Still great A-A, but coming from a warthog to this I expected more. Please fix! Will proved pictures/videos later.

Working fine here please include a short track replay example so we can check your issue. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

After watching your video, do you have a deadzone set for your cursor axis? You need a resonable deadzone so the cursor doesn’t see any jitter in you axis and constantly think it moving.

• Like 2

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I tried adjusting the deadzone because when I held the small joystick I use for RDR slew slightly right on the x axis, I was able to switch in between modes and have no jitter. However, when I adjusted the deadzone the pod wouldn't fix to a point like when I was holding slightly right. I messed with the settings for hours and achieved no adequate result. It seems to be a sensitivity issue on behalf of the programming? I use an x-56 right now and the joystick just doesn't seem capable of the parameters required. Note: this doesn't happen whatsoever in the A-10C or A-10C II; no issue at all with the TGP slew stability using the same joystick.

X-56 RDR sleww joystick.jpg

Edited by shadegreyhorn
added picture

1 hour ago, shadegreyhorn said:

I tried adjusting the deadzone because when I held the small joystick I use for RDR slew slightly right on the x axis, I was able to switch in between modes and have no jitter. However, when I adjusted the deadzone the pod wouldn't fix to a point like when I was holding slightly right. I messed with the settings for hours and achieved no adequate result. It seems to be a sensitivity issue on behalf of the programming? I use an x-56 right now and the joystick just doesn't seem capable of the parameters required. Note: this doesn't happen whatsoever in the A-10C or A-10C II; no issue at all with the TGP slew stability using the same joystick.

I have same joy as You and I don't have any issues in Viper and never had. As @BIGNEWY wrote without track its only a guessing.

Edited by Bricux

3 hours ago, shadegreyhorn said:

Hi.

Better try seting the dead zone in the ingame setup. Ihave a frankenstein joy for the TGP and it often drifts away, so I have to frequently adjust the Dead zone, and I do it in the options /controls tab

Saludos.

Saca111

4 hours ago, shadegreyhorn said:

The A-10C has a preset deadzone for the cursor control if you click on the binding and then check the “axis tune” settings in the DCS controls. Try and replicate those settings on the same control bindings in the F-16 and see how you get on.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.