Changing SRS radios with the radio select pannel

LupinYonder

SRS support has nothing to do with the actual module, so it's not an ED bug. That said, the functionality for the Hind is not included in SRS currently. It will be added in the next release. If you're impatient and would like to get it working now you can edit your SRS script directly like I did. See this post. (I am not affiliated with the SRS project in any capacity btw. Just wanted the radio to work in the Hind)

Edited by gnomechild
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LupinYonder said:

This isn't working for me, any one else ? I know I could setup binds in SRS to do it but I'd rather have it in cockpit. 

2 hours ago, gnomechild said:

SRS support has nothing to do with the actual module, so it's not an ED bug. That said, the functionality for the Hind is not included in SRS currently. It will be added in the next release. If you're impatient and would like to get it working now you can edit your SRS script directly like I did. See this post. (I am not affiliated with the SRS project in any capacity btw. Just wanted the radio to work in the Hind)

If you want to, you can use ED's new voice chat and it works fine

6 hours ago, gnomechild said:

Hi, yes I'm aware that SRS is not part of Eagle Dynamics but I thought this forum section would be my best shot at getting some help from other users. Thanks for the script, I'll try that. As for using DCS inbuilt voice chat, that's fine but most are used to using SRS and there is no cross over with the ingame voice chat. It's a shame this feature came so late after SRS as I'd rather use an ingame functionality over a third party  program no matter how good. 

vor 20 Stunden schrieb LupinYonder:

This isn't working for me, any one else ? I know I could setup binds in SRS to do it but I'd rather have it in cockpit. 

it weirdly also works if these (and all other other radio specific binds) have NO bind - but not always reliably (but as typed above.. next release aso will have that surely included by itself)
image.png

and ofc this has to be set (just in case..) 
image.png

does not apply to every installation... 

There is no crossover with DCS ingame radio... yet.. but as the ingame "radio" that took Eagle 15 years to decide and over 2 years to code is a barebones lobby-chat that could have been pasted from any free keylog lobby on google level with a pedantic and fumbly UI on typical core Eagle levels of usability autism while having ZERO radio functionality but a gazillion of proprietary keybinds PER MODULE (and ofc only some of them) while also mostly not working at all on dedicated servers and randomly breaking other functions that technically should be completely unrelated... DCS users in multiplayer (stuck in its Open-Beta prison) are well advized to stay with SRS for the time being.

Edited by rogorogo
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 4:04 AM, rogorogo said:

it weirdly also works if these (and all other other radio specific binds) have NO bind - but not always reliably (but as typed above.. next release aso will have that surely included by itself)
image.png

and ofc this has to be set (just in case..) 
image.png

does not apply to every installation... 

There is no crossover with DCS ingame radio... yet.. but as the ingame "radio" that took Eagle 15 years to decide and over 2 years to code is a barebones lobby-chat that could have been pasted from any free keylog lobby on google level with a pedantic and fumbly UI on typical core Eagle levels of usability autism while having ZERO radio functionality but a gazillion of proprietary keybinds PER MODULE (and ofc only some of them) while also mostly not working at all on dedicated servers and randomly breaking other functions that technically should be completely unrelated... DCS users in multiplayer (stuck in its Open-Beta prison) are well advized to stay with SRS for the time being.

I have hot keys and in DCS cockpit PTT set to on and no DCS radio selector bound in SRS yet it does not work for me even though recent patch notes seem to indicate it does. Odd

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

vor 2 Stunden schrieb AeriaGloria:

I have hot keys and in DCS cockpit PTT set to on and no DCS radio selector bound in SRS yet it does not work for me even though recent patch notes seem to indicate it does. Odd

like I typed... "not reliably".. and then.. a DCS early access module, by Eagle itself, in DCS o-b... no need to invest too much thought.

It might work on some systems if you set the "select next radio" and the "radio pannel up" switch to the same keybind (if there is even a toggle one, cannot remember atm by heart).

But again.. not really working as intended and by intent.. more unintentional.

7 hours ago, rogorogo said:

like I typed... "not reliably".. and then.. a DCS early access module, by Eagle itself, in DCS o-b... no need to invest too much thought.

It might work on some systems if you set the "select next radio" and the "radio pannel up" switch to the same keybind (if there is even a toggle one, cannot remember atm by heart).

But again.. not really working as intended and by intent.. more unintentional.

Yeah, what I’m waiting for is to need to use binds but just the in cockpit mouse clickable interface 

4 hours ago, Rongor said:

This isn't any help if the server is running SRS 😉

Amen

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg