MB339CD

Swayer

I agree, although perhaps I would prefer the MB-346 as Advanced Trainer...

• Like 2

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

IFE have stated that the CD is different enough that they would have to re-do most systems from scratch. Honestly I doubt a trainer aircraft, no matter how well done, will attract enough buyers to be worth doing twice, but I'm happy to be proven wrong. I'm also in the crowd that doesn't necessarily care about how modern a given DCS module is.

• Like 1

IFE have stated that the CD is different enough that they would have to re-do most systems from scratch. Honestly I doubt a trainer aircraft, no matter how well done, will attract enough buyers to be worth doing twice, but I'm happy to be proven wrong. I'm also in the crowd that doesn't necessarily care about how modern a given DCS module is.

Daresay who bought L-39 and/or C-101 whould be happy to buy MB-339CD too...
I whould buy it for sure.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

8 minutes ago, LordOrion said:

Daresay who bought L-39 and/or C-101 whould be happy to buy MB-339CD too...
I whould buy it for sure.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

If the team would go an extra mile (well, many miles) to do this variant, I would buy it, as a gesture of support rather than out of need. While glass cockpit is nice, but you can fly with steam gauges just as good - other than that, it is just 30 planes upgrade. Capabilities, from what I gathered, are similar. I don't think it is worth the effort. If we speculate about similar planes though, MB326 - long production and service life, saw an actual conflict and was operated by multiple countries. 

5 minutes ago, Fairey Gannet said:

... While glass cockpit is nice, but you can fly with steam gauges just as good ... 

100% agree... I'm one of the many eagerly waithing for the MB-339A to be released.

Edited by LordOrion
  • Like 4

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

Having both A and CD whould be perfect.

- A as basic trainer and light attack in 80' scenario

- CD as advanced trainer/light attack and Aggressor for modern scenarios.

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

20 minutes ago, LordOrion said:

Having both A and CD whould be perfect.

- A as basic trainer and light attack in 80' scenario

- CD as advanced trainer/light attack and Aggressor for modern scenarios.

Aggressor ? I didnt know the CD could do that 

If the team would go an extra mile (well, many miles) to do this variant, I would buy it, as a gesture of support rather than out of need. While glass cockpit is nice, but you can fly with steam gauges just as good - other than that, it is just 30 planes upgrade. Capabilities, from what I gathered, are similar. I don't think it is worth the effort. If we speculate about similar planes though, MB326 - long production and service life, saw an actual conflict and was operated by multiple countries. 

Also MB-339A saw an actual war (see Falklands).

========================

Anyway, MB-339CD is a totally different aircraft than A version. There are a lot of differencies in terms of 3D modelling and systems which require a dedicated team working full time.
We have already started the development of G-91 and we have also other projects on DCS so we don't have other resources to make this variant. Anyway we hope that our future DCS projects will be more interesting and fun for you than a MB-339CD.

We understand that a easy MB-339A has no enough appeal for expert simmers and we are sorry to have disappointed you, but as trainer aircraft, it allowed us to learn a lot about DCS development. This experience will certainly be transferred to all our future projects and we hope this will allow us to release products that do not disappoint your expectations.
  • Like 8

14 minutes ago, 6S.Duke said:

Also MB-339A saw an actual war (see Falklands).

Yes, I know. 🙂 I said it rather in the context, that for me more representative quality than, say, modern glass cockpit, is service history, combat record or width of use. 🙂 

I would not say though that MB-339A has to be "easy". Doing everything proper and textbook is actually hard and challenge in itself. Besides, I really wouldn't call MB-339A dissapointing choice - you have data and first hand experience to bring it to the sim at very high quality and realism. Bugs, lack of realism or neglection in adressing issues - this is dissapointment. I don't think this is the case here. 🙂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Swayer said:

Aggressor ? I didnt know the CD could do that 

AMI (Italian Air Force) used the "Macchino" in aggressor role against the Typhoons.

https://theaviationist.com/2010/05/13/mb-339cd-kill-markings/

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

1 hour ago, 6S.Duke said:

Anyway we hope that our future DCS projects will be more interesting and fun for you than a MB-339CD.

I'm really curious to know what will come next to the Macchino and Gina...

1 hour ago, 6S.Duke said:

We understand that a easy MB-339A has no enough appeal for expert simmers and we are sorry to have disappointed you, but as trainer aircraft, it allowed us to learn a lot about DCS development. This experience will certainly be transferred to all our future projects and we hope this will allow us to release products that do not disappoint your expectations.

Actually I'm extremely interested in MB-339A (read it as: "count one as already sold to me") as for trainer role.

First because being Italian, the "Macchino" is a true Icon for me (the "Frecce Tricolori" jet plane!) and sencond cause it better suits the Western pilots needs from a trainer.

CD version and its MFCD whould be really cool, and in case you'll ever decide to develop it, I whould be extremely interested in that too (read it the same way as for 339A).

• Like 1

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

4 hours ago, 6S.Duke said:

We understand that a easy MB-339A has no enough appeal for expert simmers 

The expert simmers are the ones who will appreciate it the most. The gamers on the other hand... well, gamers are going to game. Having the most advantages possible is important to them. I'm looking forward to the MB-339A, especially for use in the Falklands map that RAZBAM are doing. The G-91R looks interesting as well and it, along with the MB-339A, is a good addition to the Cold War line up in DCS. Looking forward to your future endeavors as well. 

• Like 3

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

12 minutes ago, Swayer said:

But lets say a Eurofighter though.. performance won't match XD

As we say in Italy "Grazie, Graziella e grazie al cazzo!"

(literally: "Thanks, Little Grace and thanks to the dick!", more or less equivalent to "you don't say?")

Edited by LordOrion

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

5 hours ago, Swayer said:

In most cases better performance !

What performance do you have in mind? 🙂 Performance as in parameters of the airframe or overall combat performance and success rate? Also, performance (as in parameters) don't matching between the airframes isn't actually a bad thing.

Edited by Fairey Gannet

20 hours ago, Swayer said:

I'm sure we all like the flexibility MFDs give us right ?

Frankly, no, a lot of us don't 😄 and appreciate the lack of them in some aircraft 😄

19 hours ago, Swayer said:

MFDs make the cockpit look more attractive though

Subjective, depends on who's looking at it 🙂 also depending on the cockpit I guess.

Now that said, I'd also love if we can eventually get the CD version too, but more than happy with the A, and hey, A can actually do some historical roleplay in upcoming South Atlantic map too 🙂 If we ever get CD though, I'm sure it would be a separate module or a paid upgrade, it is different enough after all.

In any case, at one point it looked like every new thing coming up was a flying LCD gallery, but I'm really happy seeing it is a good balance between old and more modern stuff these days, and really looking forward to 339 and G.91, as well as other Cold War goodies from many devs! Still having the MB339 mod, I'm more than happy and excited to see what more will we get from you guys in DCS!

• Like 4

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

On 2/11/2022 at 2:30 PM, Fairey Gannet said:

What performance do you have in mind? 🙂 Performance as in parameters of the airframe or overall combat performance and success rate? Also, performance (as in parameters) don't matching between the airframes isn't actually a bad thing.

Success rate /combat performance 

On 2/11/2022 at 11:10 AM, 6S.Duke said:

I think you should talk with other devs emoji6.png

I didnt mean it like that !