Status of the Syria map?

VTJS17_Fire

Hi Ugra Media,

I wonder, what's the status of the map.

I fly for just 3 weeks on this beautiful map, but:

- you can't place static objects under some hangars (RAF Akrotiri for example)

- In the DCS F/A-18C Hornet, you have only with HSI scale 10NM a map. For other scales, it's just black or light blue in the background.

And do you plan to add the Iraqi H3 Southwest airbase?

Thanks in advance,

kind regards

• Thanks 1

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

12 hours ago, VTJS17_Fire said:

Hi Ugra Media,

- In the DCS F/A-18C Hornet, you have only with HSI scale 10NM a map. For other scales, it's just black or light blue in the background.

Thanks in advance,

kind regards

Dont expect an answer from Ugra in the english forums. They are sigularily the least communicative dev within DCS's international forums and make ED look positively effusive.  Thats not to say your request wont be noted it just is unlikely to be acknowedged. 

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

12 hours ago, VTJS17_Fire said:

Hi Ugra Media,

Thanks in advance,

kind regards

As @Boosterdog said, Ugra is a very small team, so you'd probably won't receive an answer from them directly. The ED community managers however have been handling this part of the forum on their behalf.

Your question is a very valid and understandable one though. Not just the points that you addressed (which are only minor issues imho), but there are still plenty of reported serious bugs and flaws (huge terrain anomalies, helipads without collision model, extreme RAM usage, LOD distance issues, scenery "spawn" distance, airfield AI placement limitations, and many more). 

Despite all these open issues, I think I can say that Syria is still my favorite map. It's just a bit sad that it could be soo much more if only at least a few of the above issues where solved.

I can't remember when we received the last Syria map update (probably the Cyprus update?), but each DCS update it's the first thing for me to check. We know that Ugra is working on yet another map extension (East Syria iirc) and that's utterly awesome! I can imagine that it's a massive amount of work for a small dev like Ugra and I'm really grateful for what they've done so far, but some news on bug solving would be great.

@BIGNEWY is there anything you can share with us? (even by only letting us know that Ugra is working hard to solve the long term known bugs, that'd be comforting for us Syria fans)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Thx for the update. I didn't know, that there is another map extension planned. Looking forward and yes, I think it's the most beautiful map in DCS yet, a good mix of water, destern, green valleys and mountains. Maybe with alle these bugs solved, the performance will be increased.

Still hope, they put a little energy in the north-westenr Iraq, which would be awesome.

• Like 1

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, VTJS17_Fire said:

Still hope, they put a little energy in the north-westenr Iraq, which would be awesome.

Id sooner they fix the many issues it currently has like the insane RAM useage, poor general performance, low render distances, destruction model bugs, indestructable bridges, unfathomable frame sucking back holes, pyramids and the absurd topology that makes placing units in a realistic manner nigh on impossible in many areas that in the real world would be have been graded (and even have blast bunds modelled)

More of the same isnt an appealing proposition. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.