RWC

Hi Developers,

Could you add a option to create a template of different selected static objects. Sometimes, while editing, one would like to use the same group of statics on different places on the map. Now it is only possible by creating a group of controllable AI planes or vehicles. So in other words, one must repeat all the same static setup all over again. The same handle would be great to be able to create a group of static objects too.

** MISSION EDITOR - ADD/CREATE TEMPLATE - STATIC GROUP - (hold CTRL and select static objects) - SAVE TEMPLATE.

Kind regards and thank you for this great simulation

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/11/2022 at 4:24 AM, RWC said:

...would be great to be able to create a group of static objects too...

EDIT : @RWC now it works by default in mission editor ! when adding a static, just click on the arrow (unit <>X out of <>X) to add other statics and build a FARP that you can save as group template and use it where you want.

Edited by toutenglisse
in post
  • Thanks 4

• 2 months later...

+1

On 5/12/2022 at 7:45 PM, toutenglisse said:

EDIT : @RWC now it works by default in mission editor ! when adding a static, just click on the arrow (unit <>X out of <>X) to add other statics and build a FARP that you can save as group template and use it where you want.

It doesn't.

• Like 1

Maybe i'm missing something but the only way to safe a carrier-group (with crowded deck), would be to have a template that combines active units AND statics in one set.

This seems rather important (or do i indeed miss something and carrier groups can be saved already?)!

Edited by twistking
  • Like 2

Great Wish .. I would just add the sub-wish that these Group & Statics Template were stored each on a separate file (instead of being lumped together at Templates.lua), to allow Mission Designers to share their Templates .. as is currently done with Static Templates.

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

+1

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

+1

Visit the Dangerdogz at www.dangerdogz.com. We are a group based on having fun (no command structure, no expectations of attendance, no formal skills required, that is not to say we can not get serious for special events, of which we have many). We play DCS and IL2 GBS. We have two groups one based in North America / Canada and one UK / Europe. Come check us out. 

On 7/28/2022 at 8:11 PM, twistking said:

Maybe i'm missing something but the only way to safe a carrier-group (with crowded deck), would be to have a template that combines active units AND statics in one set.

This seems rather important (or do i indeed miss something and carrier groups can be saved already?)!

Yes, you can already create a Static Template for that purpose, like I did here:

After loading the Static Template, you can move the fleet to wherever you need, by dragging its lead unit, and change it’s heading by dragging its waypoint 1.

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...

+1 if I got you folks correctly. I want to (hypothetically) build a template of a couple houses, next a restaurant, next a garage, next to a ....whatever, and save that on Syria. And then drop that same template on the Persian Gulf or Caucasus map. YES, that would be a time saving little trick similar to building a SAM site, FARP or ????

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

• 2 months later...

In Il2 you can draw a box around visible objects to select, and save them as group. Also you can select which are visible per type or set a group as active.

The selected you can save-export as group file, and f.i import them in an other mission. Very, very useful ...

BTW the name template is used a bit too general for various things in DCS, can be confusing.

Edited by jackd

30 minutes ago, jackd said:

In Il2 you can draw a box around visible objects to select, and save them as group. Also you can select which are visible per type or set a group as active.

This is irrelevant, DCS is a completely different product and you can explain your wish without using as example another Sim, particularly as not everyone here is familiar with that Sim.

Yep, agree,was only just daydreaming i guess.

Just was combining airfields on Normandy via miz files by saving them as StaticTemplates, and then importing them into a new mission or StaticTemplate. Quite a bit of work.

Edited by jackd
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, jackd said:

Just was combining airfields on Normandy via miz files by saving them as StaticTemplates, and then importing them into a new mission or StaticTemplate. Quite a bit of work.

I've done that too, pity that the Static Templates do not save trigger zones, trigger statements, nor Draw objects ... they would be so much more useful if they did 🙄

• Like 4

• 3 months later...