Double Key Bindings

Icebear

Hey,

I´ve had a problem for a while and I can´t solve it.

I´ve a self made button box with bodnar boards and controls which also works with bodnar boards. It all worked fine.

For some time now, I can´t fire my weapons in the Huey with my Cyclic Stick and in the settings the weapon trigger (Waffenauslöser in german) appears twice. It isn´t possible to assign my cyclic to the lower one, but I can assign it to the upper one. But then nothing happens in the simulation.

For testing, I assigned "space" to the lower one and it works in the simulation.

Doppelsteuerung.jpg

What can I do?

The duplicated orange lines are not necessarily a sign of trouble. They indicate normally that, between the "default.lua" under "\joystick" and the one under "\keyboard", you have commands with the same name but different function. Are you sure that the command "Waffenauslöser" has exactly the same detail definition in both files?

What looks funny to me is that the devices "microhelis..." and "BU0836A..." seem to be considered as keyboards. I say that because they can only be bound to the command version defined under "\keyboard". I wonder if DCS has a problem with additional keyboards. Could you somehow modify their interface so that they don't appear as keyboards?

PS: I think you can bind your cyclic to the lower one but not the upper one. You stated the opposite.
Further: have you tried with the Waffenauslöser bound to one of the button boxes (upper line)?

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Thank you for your answer and that you try to help me!

The "default.lua" aren´t different under "\joystick" and "\keyboard" and "Waffenauslöser" doesn´t exist in both files.

In "\user\savedgames\..." I can find commands for "Waffenauslöser" in one of the "BU0836A Interface.diff.lua" Files and in the "Keyboard.diff.lua".

Interface.diff.lua: (Here it is one of many commands)

["d84pnilu84cdnilvd1vpnilvu0"] = {
            ["name"] = "Waffenauslöser",
            ["removed"] = {
                [1] = {
                    ["key"] = "JOY_BTN2",
                },
            },
        },

Keyboard.diff.lua: (Here it is the only command)

local diff = {
    ["keyDiffs"] = {
        ["d84pnilu84cdnilvd1vpnilvu0"] = {
            ["added"] = {
                [1] = {
                    ["key"] = "Enter",
                },
            },
            ["name"] = "Waffenauslöser",
        },
    },
}
return diff

23 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

What looks funny to me is that the devices "microhelis..." and "BU0836A..." seem to be considered as keyboards. I say that because they can only be bound to the command version defined under "\keyboard". I wonder if DCS has a problem with additional keyboards. Could you somehow modify their interface so that they don't appear as keyboards?

The device "microhelis..." is my rudder pedal and is programmed by the manufacturer. It works as it should.

23 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

PS: I think you can bind your cyclic to the lower one but not the upper one. You stated the opposite.
Further: have you tried with the Waffenauslöser bound to one of the button boxes (upper line)?

No, it is as I wrote it:

Doppelsteuerung2.jpg

@Icebear: You say that ""Waffenauslöser" doesn´t exist in both files". Where is it defined then? It can only be defined in a "default.lua" or an equivalent device-specific .lua like the "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua".
The .diff.lua don't define commands, they only store what you have bound to commands.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5