Fuel pump sounds missing

Falconeer
Go to solution Solved by Bouli306,

When "Main Power" switch is turned on and "Engine Feed'' switch in "Norm", you should hear the fuel pumps spinning. This is quite a noise, coming from the back/center of the aircraft and can easily be heard from within the cockpit and exterior

Edited by Falconeer

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

21 minutes ago, Falconeer said:

When "Main Power" switch is turned on and "Master Fuel'' switch in "Norm", you should hear the fuel pumps spinning. This is quite a noise, coming from the back/center of the aircraft and can easily be heard from within the cockpit and exterior

HI.

Interesting point.!

Saludos.Saca111

• ED Team

Hi, 

if you have any real world examples or evidence of this I can show the team please attach them.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

31 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

if you have any real world examples or evidence of this I can show the team please attach them.

thanks

First seconds of the video, before JSF start 

Edited by Falconeer

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

@FalconeerThe fuel pumps sound you´re referring to is present, i can hear it probably not so audible like in the videos (in DCS options i have "hear like in helmet" unticked, so, louder sounds inside cockpit in my case).

Edited by fagulha

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• Solution
2 hours ago, Frederf said:

DC to AC electrical converters? I assume engine ignitors need high voltage AC for spark.

The ignition comes from the engine alternator/generator so this is not done by the converters. But those do make noise, also the gyro of the stby AI makes sound as wel as the altimeter (internally a small hamer is 'tapping'  on the bellow of the altimeter just like you would do on a barometer). The fuel pumps only run when main power is on the jet, so they will not run unless external power is applied or after the Main Gen is online.. 

• Thanks 1

• ED Team

I will check with our SME's but I dont think there is any issue here. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 2/14/2022 at 2:05 AM, Dee-Jay said:

What you hear in the videos are not the fuel pumps.

Those sounds are indeed missing, i can't find any videos with these sounds, but its very load. 

I noticed this during my work on a Viper, while running tests inside the cockpit.

And thought, hey, i dont hear this sound in DCS 😊

On 2/14/2022 at 10:36 AM, Bouli306 said:

The fuel pumps only run when main power is on the jet, so they will not run unless external power is applied or after the Main Gen is online.. 

Ah, this might explain it...  with rampstart we don't use external power and therefore the pumps dont run 

Edited by Falconeer

• F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat