SSI SU27 circa 1995

Pickles

16 hours ago, Pickles said:

...Amazing detail in in the manual...

Amazing detail on the ground as well. So many of the actually buildings on that map were modeled to match the real deal. There was an amazing sense of place, unlike the cookie cutter buildings on the Caucasus map. It was pretty amazing to see, especially in a sim focused on A2A interactions.

• Like 3

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 1 month later...

I still have good memories of that sim. Certainly one of the most realistic sims of its time, albeit it was graphically a bit behind the curve without any sort of texture mapping. The sim itself was great however, and I liked the ability to employ PGMs as well. The mission editor was quite good as well for its time.

• 1 year later...

Does this manual have explanations for all those rectangular warning lights in the su-27 cockpit. The current manual doesn't say what they all mean, and there is another thread where people are trying to figure them out. I vaguely remember that the 1995 manual said what all those warning lights mean.