no missions or campaign for upgrade A10?

Clark

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Still, ED is shooting themselves in the foot here. Its one of the biggest omissions and could be rectified fairly fast and cheap. Its beyond me why they sell upgrades for their modules but have it released without content to play. And since payed campaigns are DRM protected its not as simple as loading each mission into the editor by hand. And again, why should every enduser do this manually if it could be done once for everybody by ED. Baltic Dragon is the only one who has done it for the Enemy Within 3.0 campaign afaik.

Why again should players upgrade if all the older content for their modules is not available?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sc_neo said:

Why again should players upgrade if all the older content for their modules is not available?

Let's check the campaigns:

• A-10C - Georgian Hammer
  • Georgian Hammer with CA
  • A-10C - Sturmovik

Of these, the 2 Georgian Hammer campaigns are mostly the same with the exception that in the Combined Armes (CA) version, some vehicles can be controlled by the player (while flying the aircraft). This version was mostly a showcase for Combined Arms, but as far as I can tell has received very little feedback from players.

The Sturmovik campaign, TBH, I didn't even know it existed.

Then there are payware-campaigns like Piercing Fury that are no longer supported by the author.

Operation Agile Spear by Combat King Simulations has been released for both A-10C modules right off the bat, and the Persian Freedom campaign is also available for both modules.

The Training Campaigns by Maple Flag work just as well in the old module - yes, they lack the new toys, but what players learn in these campaigns translates almost 1:1 into the A-10C II module.

When we look at the single player missions, to be honest, these missions were never really good to begin with. With community generated content (7 campaigns and 52 single player missions at the time of writing this post) and several payware campaigns available, these missions that come with the game are pretty substandard by now, and it isn't a big loss not having them available for the new A-10C II module.

That leaves what I would consider important content: Training Missions and Instant Action Missions - both of these are available for both modules.

I mean, yes, you guys are right that it should be an easy fix, changing the A-10C to an A-10C II and adding the old missions and campaigns to the new module. It's just that you guys aren't missing out on anything great without them.

Edited by Yurgon
  • Like 1

Actually our Basic, Advanced and Tactical Qualification campaigns have been updated to include the A-10C II.  So the download package contains 2 campaigns - one for the A-10C and one for the A-10C II.

I'll talk to ED about getting the campaign descriptions updated as it's not clear from their current listing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

@Sabre-TLA You guys considering making more A-10C campaigns for NTTR, or are you just maintaining what you have delivered for the Caucasus theatre atm? Just curious whether the entire training and qualificatin suite of campaigns will be available where it makes most  sense i.e. NTTR. Buts thanks for clarifying that you have actually converted your campaigns as well.

@Yurgon I was a bit hasty in my statement and you are absolutely right, the new campaigns are for either both or outright require the upgrade. I am still on DCS 2.5.6, so i can't really check for myself which campaigns have actually been updated and added for A10C II. Can you confirm that none of the following campaigns are availabe for A10C II:

?

Edited by sc_neo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sc_neo said:

Can you confirm that none of the following campaigns are availabe for A10C II:

Affirm. I just checked, and all of these campaigns are only available for the legacy A-10C module, but not for the A-10C II module.

18 hours ago, Sabre-TLA said:

Actually our Basic, Advanced and Tactical Qualification campaigns have been updated to include the A-10C II. 

Oh wow, that's awesome! I checked the filter in the module manager and assumed that I had no "A-10C II" entry because there were no more campaigns available for me, but it seems the filter "A-10C" in the module manager includes both the A-10C and the A-10C II modules. Either way, cool that the campaigns are available for both versions of the A-10C!