Cytarabine

On 2/14/2022 at 12:25 PM, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

Atleast by saying not planned they confirmed it is a thing because i dont find it in any of the manuals i got. Could it be one of those neat things in a boring manual?

maybe ED excuse is it came with a newer software suite than what is represented in a circa 2005ish hornet. it certainly did become a thing at some point 

https://trace.tennessee.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3389&context=utk_gradthes

• Thanks 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

On 2/18/2022 at 12:07 AM, Kev2go said:

maybe ED excuse is it came with a newer software suite than what is represented in a circa 2005ish hornet. it certainly did become a thing at some point 

https://trace.tennessee.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3389&context=utk_gradthes

Looks like it was a thing even before this century.

Screenshot_20220222-104231_Drive.jpg

On 2/21/2022 at 7:20 AM, headbreaker_ger said:

+1 It's a shame ED Blocks the implementation.

I guess that's also because they never really implemented the DATA-Link-Functionality its a pity.

but thats the thing. its not reliant on Link 16.

I would think its criminal not to include CAS page when even Razbam has one on thier harrier.

And ED has the already done something like this before since its a A10C with the MSG page.

The only legitimate reason would not to do this if ED could claim that CAS page functionality is not part of ther documentation for this particular software suite in that particular timeframe. Although even that is called into doubt.

Again IF a publicly available F18 Hornet Tacman was available for verification there would be no genuine denial of such a functionality. Otherwise we are at the mercey OF Ed to say "trust us its not there" 

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

13 hours ago, Kev2go said:

but thats the thing. its not reliant on Link 16.

I would think its criminal not to include CAS page when even Razbam has one on thier harrier.

And ED has the already done something like this before since its a A10C with the MSG page.

The only legitimate reason would not to do this if ED could claim that CAS page functionality is not part of ther documentation for this particular software suite in that particular timeframe. Although even that is called into doubt.

Again IF a publicly available F18 Hornet Tacman was available for verification there would be no genuine denial of such a functionality. Otherwise we are at the mercey OF Ed to say "trust us its not there" 

Sry I didn't quite make clear what I mean or better said I said it wrong.

What I mean ED never built the NET integration for the Hornet and members are simply assigned by the ME as flight.

Yes they did it for the A-10 and with the new features the Falcon gets I'm sure that module will also get a better Net integration but I don't think, sure that's just my opinion and I stand to be corrected, the Hornet will get that feature what's be a shame.

I really wished one day ED will build a universal net system, that would give the me and ad-hoc flights way more possibilities and add a lot to the Immersion.

But for the CAS-Page you would need AFAIK a more komplex NET-System as we have today and I guess that's the real reason why ED is not doing the CAS-Page even if the Hornet might be one of the Jets who would have the most use of it.

It's for crying out loud tbh.

• Like 1