Should the WWII asset pack contain newer versions of WW II ships as well as the WWII fitting?

upyr1

On 2/15/2022 at 10:14 AM, SoW Reddog said:

Thats because you don't play MP, and are happy to buy whatever ED put out. Other's do, and aren't respectively. It splits the MP community unnecessarily. There was zero need for the assets pack in the first place, if ED wanted to have monetized their efforts, they could have bundled the assets with the Normandy map and increased the price if they really needed to grab every last buck.

They did bundle the Normandy and WWII assets 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/bundles/normandy_and_wwii_assets_pack_bundle/
it's $15 cheaper to buy them that way. I think Eagle should do a WWII bundle where you get the choice of a map, warbird and the asset pack.

On 2/15/2022 at 11:34 AM, Jester986 said:

Assets are slow enough in arriving I wouldn't even think about asking for more modern versions of WW2 ships. I hope we get them at all in a reasonable time frame.

fair enough, I still want the later versions and would buy a Vietnam and Korean War asset packs 

• Like 2

As for asking the mod community to donate models to a commercial enterprise...that's just laughable

I'm with Rob on the one hand, I hope that the assets pack never gets another asset because it should never have been a thing. On the other hand, it wasn't value for money when I bought it, its certainly not going to be value for money if it never actually gets finished.

I hope I never see a post from you complaining about the lack of assets. There are only two ways we will get more assets, either someone donates their time and money to develop them free or we pay for them in asset packs. I'll state that I bought the JF-17 for full price because I wanted to support Dekka and the Chinese asset pack. 

• Like 3

On 2/15/2022 at 10:44 AM, NineLine said:

Also everyone has a solution to the Asset Pack, but none of these solutions take in to account ED's bottomline,

When I continually go on suggesting that Eagle should do land and sea modules, it is because I expect they will make money and improve Eagle's bottom line. I understand if Eagle thinks that assement is wrong, since they are in the industry but I really do want to see Combined Arms II and Fleet Ops as I know Eagle would do an awesome job. So until Eagle thinks the time is right for them the easiest solution I could think of would be using vehicles from DCS core as stand ins when someone lacks asset packs. as to the topic of the thread, if Eagle doens't include later variants of World War II ships in the asset pack and doesn't produce playable naval modules then I am willing to pay for Korean war, Vietnam or other cold war asset packs to get them. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, NineLine said:

We are way off topic now, if mod creators are interested in looking into it they can contact me or BIGNEWY or support.

OK, I'll start a new thread for that.  Now back to the original topic which is what is Eagle planning to do with Naval assets. This thread is one where I am tossing out ideas that seriously don't think will get implemented. I actually do agree it would be ridiculous to have the post war variants in the WWII asset pack, it would also be more ridiculous to have the WWII fittings in the asset pack while having post war fittings in DCS core. I figure there are two ways Eagle might go about this 

1.    Add ships with post-war service to DCS core
  2. produce more asset packs. 

Anyway, can you state any clues about the topic? While I want 1 the most I understand if Eagle things option 2 is the best path. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Captain Gaming said:

all due respect, what could possibly be taking them so long to make WW11 marianas? you already had the map made, just need to clear trees and get rid of the modern bases? esp for how long the map has been out. it shouldnt have taken this long. 

Maybe creating the assets? Buildings and so on.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Gaming said:

but what do i know.

yeah, precisely. This is a FREE map, so I would guess that the amount of resources devoted to it are not unlimited, so it can take a while to finish.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

12 minutes ago, Captain Gaming said:

minimal effort

You clearly have no idea the effort that modeling an airbase and its assets require 🙄

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 2/20/2022 at 4:36 PM, Rudel_chw said:

You clearly have no idea the effort that modeling an airbase and its assets require 🙄

i mean, they clearly already have the assets they need. they have all the other WWII maps, that literally share all the same assets. so i dont need to. they are just being slow for no reason with no updates cause they could care less about WWII part of this game. or the people who fly it.  esp on a free map they promised what.. a year ago?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Captain Gaming said:

i mean, they clearly already have the assets they need. they have all the other WWII maps, that literally share all the same assets. so i dont need to. they are just being slow for no reason with no updates cause they could care less about WWII part of this game. or the people who fly it.  esp on a free map they promised what.. a year ago?

Rubarb. On what planet is an english, french or german airfield going to share the same assets as an hastily expanded, always under constructiion Pacific American Field or any earlier period Japanese one?  They dont. not in the real world, not in the recreated world and not "literally". The airfields themselves are not generic either - North Field is iconic and extensive its not a place and plop. 

Add to that the islands looked vastly different pre WW2 and during WW2. Its not just a matter of removing trees. Sugar and coffee platations  covered Tinian, hugley different setlements existed with hugley different buildings and even temples as well as period ports, alternate period infrastructure etc etc etc ETC.. Arguably some alteration to the topology will also be needed. 

And again with the Free map - its free - a tech prover, a no obligation to use thing. You dont even need to havie it burden your hard drive if you dont want to. It owes you nothing. ED owe you nothing. No single ED asset NEEDs this map currently. Not sure why its "espically" special to you that an period set FREE map is so important given there is really sod all else theate specific to use with it at present              

And that is my best polite answer.

Edited by Boosterdog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.