DCS assigns Joy_Slider1 to rudder axis instead of Joy_RZ

ouseler

Just today noticed that I could not taxi; my rudder pedals weren't working properly.  I was constantly pulling to one side and or not able to steer in any functional way.  I went into the controls and reassigned the rudder axis thinking that this would fix it.  When I cleared the axis and let DCS reassign it, it assigns the Rudder axis to Joy_Slider1.  This is the wrong axis because it does not allow the inputs to re-center when I let off the rudders.  The input just stays to one side or the other:

Here are the things that I have tried:

1. Checked that there was no double assignment of the axis somewhere else.  There was none.

2. Deleted the DCSOpenbeta folder in Saved Games, thinking that it will rebuild the folder and fix the issue.  No luck, same assignment.

3. Downloaded the latest TM TFRP drivers.  Restarted the computer and the same axis was assigned.

4. Tried another module, and the axis that was assigned was the Joy_RZ axis, but it did not show inputs when I would work the pedals.  When I would clear the axis and let DCS reassign it, Joy_Slider1 would be assigned instead of Joy_RZ.  I even forced the Joy_RZ axis and Joy_Z axis assignments and there is no response from the rudder pedals when I work them.

5.  Mechanically, the pedals look like they are in good working order.  Nothing looks broken.

Thing that I have noticed as odd:

The Rudder Pedal column in the Axis Controls menu is label T-Pedals.  Looking online, this column is labeled "Rudder Pedals" or "T- Rudder".   

What could be the problem?

Edited by ouseler

System Specs:

AMD 5950X (liquid-cooled), Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro Motherboard, 32 GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz, Samsung Evo 970 Plus 2 TB, Seagate 2TB SSD, Geforce RTX 4080 GPU, Rosewill Glacier 1000W Power Supply, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (Stick, Throttle), Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals, NaturalPoint TrackIR 5 w/ProClip, (1) Vizio 40" 4K Monitor, TPLink Dual Band Wireless Card, Window 11 OS

Is it module specific? i.e. warbird, jet? Do you have TARGET installed? Is your Firmware up to date for the pedals? Each controller has a firmware. TARGET will allow you to look at and set up your rudder and brake axis. There are numerous modules with analog axis bugs...... with the Jug being the worst.

Hope you get it sorted.

Hoss

Sempre Fortis

No, it does not seem to be module specific.  I tried another module and it did the same thing.  

I do have TARGET software, but it does not show the rudder pedals.  Only the WartHog and Throttle.  What could this mean?

The toe brake axis' setup correctly, oddly enough. It's just the rudder axis.  

Would rudder pedals have firmware?  I updated the firmware not too long ago with I added the TDC mod to my throttle.

System Specs:

AMD 5950X (liquid-cooled), Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro Motherboard, 32 GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz, Samsung Evo 970 Plus 2 TB, Seagate 2TB SSD, Geforce RTX 4080 GPU, Rosewill Glacier 1000W Power Supply, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (Stick, Throttle), Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals, NaturalPoint TrackIR 5 w/ProClip, (1) Vizio 40" 4K Monitor, TPLink Dual Band Wireless Card, Window 11 OS

I don't have TRP Pedals, but my set up window shows all the TM devices that are programmable, only the stick and throttle have their little GUI button lit saying they are connected. They also show which firmware is loaded, so if you don't see all the devices and the ones connected, TARGET is not installed correctly. I'm on my pad so I can't take a screen shot of what you should be seeing. But I would start there, youtube search on how to correctly install drivers and update firmware, it's very easy. I do not plug in my TMWH into a POWERED USB hub, but directly into my MoBo, Crosswinds too.

Sempre Fortis