Losing controls of an aircraft where they have multiple variants (e.g Spitfire Std & Clipped Wings)

I could not find this previously reported so apologies if it is known.

I had an issue with losing all my mapped controls in the Spitfire. I then realised I was in the clipped wing variant in the mission I had selected. Although there are separate folders for controls only one is displayed in the controls drop down menu.

So I loaded up the standard version in instant action and also had lost all my controls.

Fortunately I had a recent backup and copied both Spitfire folders over. Tried the standard version and my controls were back. So I copied the sub folders of the standard Spitfire to the clipped wings and that worked too.

I then repeated the process with the Mustang. I had set up my controls using the 30 version. Loaded the 25 and sure enough my controls were missing. Loaded the 30 and they were missing too! Again copying from backup files from the backup 30 folder to both 25 & 30 solved it.

It seems that one variant of the aircraft can mess up the controls of another.

Edited by Baldrick33

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat