Screenshots?

carss

yea i want nudes from the phantom too

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

If your GF's send their x-ray results when you asked for nudes, then it is ok 😄 

• Like 4

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 1 month later...

There's a huge amount of work to develop a complex module like this. The 3d model might not be anywhere near ready to show off. As much legal documentation as possible, radar submodes, Sparrow AI, Guy In Back AI, historically accuracy, complex flight dynamics aerodynamics, 3d scan a real example and it's cockpits, livery research. This all takes time to process through. Maybe HB is concentrating on getting those things right, than showing screens of their model?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rick50 said:

There's a huge amount of work to develop a complex module like this. The 3d model might not be anywhere near ready to show off. As much legal documentation as possible, radar submodes, Sparrow AI, Guy In Back AI, historically accuracy, complex flight dynamics aerodynamics, 3d scan a real example and it's cockpits, livery research. This all takes time to process through. Maybe HB is concentrating on getting those things right, than showing screens of their model?

They did say a 2022 release tho. I would think that at least something is complete externally or something.

• Like 2

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

Maybe they just wanna hold back, until they are ready for the timing of a big marketing push, to make a very successful EA launch sales figures? In a way that makes a lot of sense to me.... it's not like they are gonna lose out if they give us screens now, but if they can dump 100 screens just two weeks from launch, and a few vids, and so on... yea.

I dunno, just a guess! 😄

On 3/25/2022 at 7:31 AM, Rick50 said:

Who or what is “Sparrow AI” ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fangs Out said:

I think he means the Sparrow guidance logic to make it as realistic as possible

Yes, that's what I meant. 

It might already be finished from F-14 dev, but maybe not since by the Tomcat the Sparrow was less important and "better". The Phantom used the Sparrow as it's fancy missile, and was earlier version. Probably didn't work all that well either. I'm  just guessing, but I also suspect that to get a successful Sparrow hit in combat may have needed some fancy coodination and switch-work to make it all work. Tactics, target ID, distance for each stage of the engagement... Figuring all that out for a module, from manuals and a couple SME's, would  not be easy, and then to program that in... 

I thought I read somewhere that there will be a general HB update soonTM (really looking forward to learning more, maybe some sweet F-4 pics?)

From the patch notes earlier in March:

On 3/17/2022 at 12:42 PM, Cobra847 said:

Thank you all for your passion and support. We’re long overdue for a general update, especially after our latest announcements- so stay tuned as we try to squeeze an update out in between our packed roadmap!

Team Heatblur 

• Like 1

https://youtube.com/@thesimnet                                    questions@thesimnet.com 

image.png

Gypsy, you are totally correct... but we public don't really know much of anything about the current state of the Phantom at HB. It was started some time before the announcement... but HOW much? We don't know! All we really know is the little they have told us.

For all we know, it might be nearing completion and at the early stage of software testing, bug fixing and such. And maybe they've allocated more time than normal to this, investing time and money into a hopefully smoother bug-free (ish) launch that will impress. 

I dunno, just talkin out me exhaust port!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not panicking at the apparent "lack" of screenshots, or updates in general. I would find it very "out-of-character" for an experienced DCS 3rd Party developer, such as Heatblur, to declare a project will release in 2022, if it wasn't in a state where such a release was considered very possible.

Granted there are "under the hood" things us mere peasants don't get to see that could alter their schedule, however for Heatblur to make the call of "it'll be out in 2022" during the first official post regarding the F-4 module means that they're pretty confident it'll be out this year.

31 December, 2022 is still a 2022 release. Once 1 Jan 2023 rolls around and I'm still not sitting in a Phantom cockpit, and I've not heard or seen anything about a delay, I'll start making noise. Until then just remain low-key excited, don't let expectations get the better of you and don't get demoralised when you don't see or hear any news about a wanted module (this last one is my kryptonite - South Atlantic, Mirage F1 and MB-339 news, when!?). From memory, we (or at least I) saw very little "progress updates" of the F-14 before its release. So I would imagine the F-4 would be handled in much the same way.

EDIT: While trawling another forum thread: 

Edited by cailean_556
  • Like 1

I think its a great and quite novel that we won't see it until its out. Its almost like a...phantom. I actually think they should have kept it 100% secret until its release. That would be pretty cool, and save them a lot of pitchforks. 

• Thanks 1