Servers with mods passing integrity check

b0b

Just curios is this something that will be fixed or not.  There are some servers running some of the mod planes that show green on the integrity check.  Some people do not want to fly with modded planes and we used to be able to use that to stay clear. 

IC checks for altered files, not if you or the server is using mods... 

The other thing is, if the mission designer decides to quote out the "required modules" in the files, then everyone can join regardless of possession of the specific mods (with exception of mods that make already existing planes flyable).

IC does not prevent prevent people from joining servers if they do not have the mods, it's the mission designer. 

Edited by razo+r

I understand what integrity check does and does not do.  I was asking if it was going to be fixed so when someone joins a server with it on they do not see a fighter dumping out paratroopers out the back or doing grass field landings.  I am not against mods or anything but when joining a server with integrity check on, it should not allow stuff like that and should not be modded. 

Edited by b0b

Those aircraft mods do not alter files that are being checked by the IC, so it wont trigger it. 

In addition, IC checks clients, not the server itself. I can have whatever mods and altered files on my server with IC on it should not matter. But if a client with modded files tries to join, it should prevent him from joining. 

But what about your mentioned paratroopers and grass landings? 

And as I said, unless the mission creator has taken the mecessary steps to counter this, if you do not have the mods required for the missions, you should not be able to join anyway. 

• Like 1

missions designers are now going into the missions and making changes to make the modded planes not required. 

My initial question was that since these servers are using modded planes is there going to be a fix so that IC picks this up and starts flagging them.  IC main function is to prevent cheating and such.  By allowing modded planes with unrealistic flight models into a server, it really should pick that up so we can filter out missions that are modded.

9 minutes ago, b0b said:

missions designers are now going into the missions and making changes to make the modded planes not required. 

My initial question was that since these servers are using modded planes is there going to be a fix so that IC picks this up and starts flagging them.  IC main function is to prevent cheating and such.  By allowing modded planes with unrealistic flight models into a server, it really should pick that up so we can filter out missions that are modded.

The game already does pick up mods in a mission that are not present in your client install.  Look to the bottom left in the server information window.  If the mission uses mods that you do not have installed, the mods will be listed.

What you want seems to be more of a server browser feature than an IC fix.

EDIT:  Not sure if the "required modules" edit overrides this feature or not.

Edited by 2alpha-down0
  • Like 1

Early Cold War Servers

https://discord.gg/VGC7JxJWDS

4 hours ago, 2alpha-down0 said:

The game already does pick up mods in a mission that are not present in your client install.  Look to the bottom left in the server information window.  If the mission uses mods that you do not have installed, the mods will be listed.

What you want seems to be more of a server browser feature than an IC fix.

EDIT:  Not sure if the "required modules" edit overrides this feature or not.

It does override it. 

severs should also go thru IC and modded planes should trigger IC is what I was asking if it was going to be fixed or not.  I think you two are over thinking it.  If a server has say the mod for the UH or c130 mod and they modify the mission so it is not required but is still in the mission, that should throw IC.  It doesn't now because they was they have it implemented by putting the UH in saved games and not checking the server.  So you end up with a mission that passed IC has modded planes.  IC should be expanded to be a full anti-cheat and it should cover this.

Edited by b0b

5 hours ago, b0b said:

severs should also go thru IC and modded planes should trigger IC is what I was asking if it was going to be fixed or not.  I think you two are over thinking it.  If a server has say the mod for the UH or c130 mod and they modify the mission so it is not required but is still in the mission, that should throw IC.  It doesn't now because they was they have it implemented by putting the UH in saved games and not checking the server.  So you end up with a mission that passed IC has modded planes.  IC should be expanded to be a full anti-cheat and it should cover this.

What you describe is not a fix, but rather for the IC to do something it isn't currently designed to do.

You're asking for a modification for additional functionality.

Edited by Cab

it was a simple question to ED.  Dont need a long debate or you should do this or that.  It allows a mission designer to modify the game and add cheats or whatnot and really should be looked into.  If they choose not to, ok.. it was just a simple question if they are going to fix it or not

Edited by b0b

4 hours ago, b0b said:

it was a simple question to ED.  Dont need a long debate or you should do this or that.  It allows a mission designer to modify the game and add cheats or whatnot and really should be looked into.  If they choose not to, ok.. it was just a simple question if they are going to fix it or not

Not an unreasonable request, but this is probably more suited for the Wishlist than the Bug thread. 

Edited by Cab

6 hours ago, b0b said:

Mods were included in IC a few months back. It was not very popular as lots and lots of people use mods for all sorts of reasons that have nothing to do with "cheating". ED rolled that back reasonably quickly. I don't think it is going to happen again soon. At least, I hope not.

Edited by =475FG= Dawger

EDsignaturefleet.jpg