Independently moved RPM lever won't stay; later moves back to match other RPM lever

Nealius

Slightly hard to explain and hard to capture on a short track, so bear with me for a minute. 

My Warthog is set up thus:

- left throttle = left throttle

- right throttle = right throttle

- incr/decr wheel = RPM levers (both)

-throttle POV right = select right RPM lever

-throttle POV left = select left RPM lever

-throttle POV up = select both RPM levers

Symptoms:

At cruise settings my left engine RPM was higher than the right, so I selected left RPM lever, moved my incr/decr wheel to reduce left engine RPM to sync with the right engine, then selected both RPM levers in anticipation of having to advance both levers in the near future.

Some 5~10 minutes later, I noticed my engines were out of sync again, despite no RPM/throttle movement of my Warthog. So I resync the RPM again, with the left RPM lever slightly aft of the right RPM lever.

Some 5~10 minutes later I happen to be looking down at my temps and I saw the left RPM lever move itself forward to match the right RPM lever without any input from myself.

5 hours ago, TAW-Prof said:

I've had the same problem - once you switch back to "both" they sync level positions. 

The 2nd time did you happen select "both" engines again?

Yes, but the lever syncing only occurs some 5~10 minutes after selecting "both." Almost as if DCS scans controller states at set intervals. 

A case can be made for "well don't select 'both' after the adjustment," which is an impractical non-solution. Get jumped by bandits, slam your RPM axis forward, oh sh** only one lever advanced because you forgot they werent set to "both," and the only reason they weren't set to "both" is because the sim doesn't have a completely efficient way to handle four throttle axes on consumer controllers that only have three axes. 

My understanding is that the pilot or navigator synced the RPM after engine start. We need a Special options tickbox for "automatic RPM sync" to deal with lack of axes on commercial HOTAS controllers. People who main the Mosquito and have four-axis throttle quadrants can simply untick that option and sync it themselves. 

Edited by Nealius

If you select both they sync only if DCS detect axis movement, this may occur right away, when hardware axis has some instability or later when you touch your controller and induce minor axis movement, this is why you fell that sync happens from time to time, so only way is to leave one rpm lever selected if you don't want to sync happen.

In my case both levers sync immediately after i switch to "both" mode.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor