DCS 2.7.10 - Windows 11 vs Windows 10 - VR performance comparison (Video)

darkman222

As there is already a thread about it in the german subforum, I wanted to post my testing results here as well. Might be interesting for some of the english speaking users too.

My Hardware:

Gigabyte Z690 GamingX DDR4, Intel i9 12900 KF, 32 GB DDR Ram, RXT 3090.

Pimax 8KX @ 60 Hz - Steam VR @ 100 % (native Pimax 8KX resolution)

The new Intel should be able to make use of the W11 new architecture.

I recorded two short replays on the DCS dogfighters sever. They play back indentical, but of course I am moving my head a little bit different in each video although I was trying to look forward most of the time.

Windows 11 above and Windows 10 below. As you can see CPU frame times look better in W10 although it does not feel worse in W11, when in VR. I will stay on W11 for now. As soon as Microsoft starts to roll out more and more updates I hope that the support of the new Intel processor architecture will outperform W10 at some point...hopefully.

I also ran a cinebench benchmark and both operating systems performed similar.

Conclusion: W10 still seems to be the OS to go for DCS.

Edited by darkman222
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

i read a story yesterday about Windows 11 was at some point being considered another feature update for Windows 10. 

https://www.windowslatest.com/2022/02/13/windows-11-could-finally-be-worth-upgrading-to-thanks-to-big-taskbar-update/

of course blown out of the water because of all the restrictions on supported hardware.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

On 2/15/2022 at 11:17 AM, silverdevil said:

i read a story yesterday about Windows 11 was at some point being considered another feature update for Windows 10. 

https://www.windowslatest.com/2022/02/13/windows-11-could-finally-be-worth-upgrading-to-thanks-to-big-taskbar-update/

of course blown out of the water because of all the restrictions on supported hardware.

uses the same code code, the UI is re-written, and the core was re-written w/ the hardware security, as was the driver model.

So Windows 10, new UI, Hardware Level Security for Drivers

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 10 months later...