HTS not working after rearming

Ramires

Hi,

we were training some SEAD yesterday. I was carrying a HARM and a CBU-105 together with HTS and TGP.

After shooting the HARM and the CBU and rearming to the same loadout, I was unable to hand off an emitter from the HAD towards the AGM-88.

HARM power was on. HTS worked fine.

I think that this is a bug because I am using the HTS quite often without any issues. But I fail to reproduce the issue in a single player mission.  Any idea what I could have done there?

Everything worked fine until I rearmed.

Thanks! 

• Like 2

I am having the same problem.
No trackfile but steps to reproduce in Multiplayer (haven't tested SP):

Empty jet, so open refuel/rearm and load fuel and weapons incl. the HTS.
Once refuelling starts I power up the jet and start it. The HTS is being loaded after refuelling is complete and the jet is completely ready to taxi.
Being airborne the HTS works like a charm and I can fire my Harms.

Then land and just rearm with the loadout you had before so you restock the Harms.
Being airborne afterwards the HTS is blind, doesn't show anything.
Cycling the HTS power doesn't fix the problem, only selecting a new aircraft does.

• Like 1

Had this happen a bunch of times in multiplayer today, figured I'd reproduce it in SP for a short(ish) track.

Didn't quite get the same bug (I also had this one before in MP), but I assume they're related. After rearm, HTS worked fine, but the HARM itself was broken. Hand-off did not work, neither was I able to pick up the SA-3 in HAS mode.

Steps followed; Load mission > rearm/refuel > start up the jet > attack an SA-3 site > fly back and rearm > attack second SA-3 site, at this point the bug occured.

Track: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FrbhP2km1ItFhY8wsefUOUuvMWkpiUjm/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am experiencing something like this also.   I have my HOTAS "sync during mission start" setting turned on and I habitually start my missions with the battery switch turned on already when i launch the mission or chose a multiplayer slot.  Anyways, i was really struggling to determine why my HAD page wouldn't work after cold starts, and i really think there is a bug here because I was able to get two different results with the same mission file with just one very small variable: depending on if my battery was on or off at mission start.   I ran my test with the aircraft pre-equipped with HTS and HARMS per the mission editor.   I discovered that if I turn off my battery switch before I start the mission, HAD page works fine.  If I start the mission with battery switch in the up position, the HAD page will not work.  Again, that's with aircraft pre-equipped as part of the mission.  I have not tried a rearm yet but I'll report back.

Per my description above, said i would report back... i get the same result of that battery on/off test starting with an empty jet and equipping with the ground crew.  

So basically... if you equip HTS with battery on, it does not work.  If you spawn into a slot with battery on, it also does not work.   On first flight, it works fine if you start mission with battery switch turned off (controls synced at startup) or equip with battery switch turned off. 

EDIT add:
After RTB from first sortie, if I cut engines and battery and do an overall full shutdown, I am finding that my HTS doesn't work on the second sortie if I re-equip to clean wings and no pods while cold and dark, then re-equip again with HTS and HARM and do a jet start up.

Edited by HawkEXO

• 4 weeks later...