My money for updates

A.F.

Am 17.2.2022 um 22:35 schrieb BIGNEWY:

Hello, 

thank you for the feedback, but we have no plans to change our current system for payment, or to change our development methods. 

We have different teams working on the core, modules and terrains, those devs can only go as fast as they can already, development will always require patience from us all. 

thanks

bignewy

Thank you, but for me, unfortunately, confidence is fading. There is too little regular information about the progress of the work on the core problems.

Before I invest even more money or even, like Jabbers, stop playing because I'm annoyed, I'm going to use what I have for now. After all, this has already cost me a lot of money. I will now wait and see what ED does in the next few months.

• ED Team
Just now, Rufuz64 said:

Thank you, but for me, unfortunately, confidence is fading. There is too little regular information about the progress of the work on the core problems.

Before I invest even more money or even, like Jabbers, stop playing because I'm annoyed, I'm going to use what I have for now. After all, this has already cost me a lot of money. I will now wait and see what ED does in the next few months.

I understand, I hope you continue to enjoy what you already have and I hope we can give you more confidence in the future. 

Thanks

• Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

23 hours ago, HC_Official said:

Agree. I come from a very small country where this type of game is not widely accepted or understood by many people and computer owners. It takes a computer much better than the one to play CStrike and accessories. Not only is it hard to explain why you bought a € 200+ HOTAS, but how come you “only” gave € 60 for one model airplane! I realize that sometimes there are some bugs in the game / model that need to be fixed, but "helping" faster debugging with some payments seems excessive to me. What about those who can't or don't want to? Someone, who has the options, can for example buy some models or maps and make some kind of giveaway for those with a shallow pocket or those whose price refuses to accept these games; for example, through a quiz, a game in which the prizes are models and maps ... something like that.

Edited by Littlefloor
  • Like 1

Asus m/b * i7 3770 * 16GB RAM * nVidia Dual GTX 1660Ti 6GB DDR6* 2x 27" LG * T.16000M HOTAS * Logitech MX
Maybe it's better to ask for forgiveness sometimes than for permission ...

On 2/18/2022 at 2:53 PM, Lurker said:

There are people who simply don't want to pay for maps that they don't want.

This confuses me. If somebody doesn't want a map then nobody is forcing them to pay for them. If, however, they want to be able to fly on MP servers using a particular map then why shouldn't they pay for the map?

Apologies if I've misunderstood.

• Like 3

frostycab , you are exactly right , and I think people are always looking for somthing for nothing , THE WORLD DON'T WORK THAT WAY PEOPLE! , sorry for yelling , thanks Vector1

• Like 3

Metabox Laptop i9 13900HX, RTX 4060, 32GB 4800 MHz DDR4 RAM, 2GB SSD, Pico4 VR Headset WinWing Orion 2 Hotas, F15E Strike Eagle handles, F16EX Viper Joystick.

11 hours ago, Rufuz64 said:

What core problem? DCS has great jets and choppers and nice maps and I get to fly real fast and blow **** up. It runs well on my medium level rig and often as not I fly simply for the fun of flying and barely blow up any **** at all. it's not only a great combat flightsim, it's just a good flightsim period.

Like anything else, it's what you make of it. I have decided to make it fun and so it is exactly that. :smoke:

• Like 3

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

21 hours ago, Beirut said:

What core problem?

well..... if ED fix the stupid AI, and the jumps they make while making formations with them, or crashes with me, I will be happy. They are working in that as saw in the latest AI mig29 formation video, but, you know "2-4 weeks"

I love DCS, but because I do, I am very critic (and also tell others the great stuff of DCS) to make it better. 

About make things free and receive money. There are lots of examples, as said, that are free and receive money. In fact DCS is free and receives a lot of money. Nothing more to add.

Edited by Japo32
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 7:49 AM, Rufuz64 said:

This. I'm not going to be buying anymore ED first party modules and probably even dial back on third parties that aren't Mag3 or Heatblur. The core problems in DCS with AI and outstanding bugs (F-86, MiG-15 come to mind as they have lazy issues and inaccuracies that have been known for 6 years) that go untouched is absolutely ridiculous. We're told they're coming, we're told it's happening, we're even told we don't know what we're talking about when we question if they're coming. We were always at war with Eastasia

And yet, here we are, with bugs that have been backburnered for years and years. Even simple ones with simple fixes. 

This is why I would not buy into a subscription plan as I doubt it'd provide enough money to cover new developers for these bugs AND these bugs should be fixed to start with, period. End of. 

I'll shop with more confidence once ED gets its act together, but whenever I see one of their offerings from now on? My thought is immediately "Oh boy, what glaring issues and inaccuracies will be present for years to come and is it worth putting up with?" The answer will probably be 'no.' At this point, what'd make me super happy is to see an announcement that future modules are getting a delay while they go over the game itself and make improvements beyond just multi-core support and Vulkan. Prioritize GFM and give us a much more indepth look into what it actually does while also addressing the ground AI?

THAT'D get me buying with confidence all over.

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

37 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

well..... if ED fix the stupid AI, and the jumps they make while making formations with them, or crashes with me, I will be happy. They are working in that as saw in the latest AI mig29 formation video, but, you know "2-4 weeks"

I'm not going to say DCS is perfect, but it certainly allows me many options to have some seriously good flightsim fun. Actually, it allows me to have the best flightsim fun I can. There is no other product available that comes close to what DCS can pull off. 

I understand not everyone is as informal a flyer as me, but I do have certain criteria I want met before my money is spent. I want gonzo eye candy, nice planes, cool features, a good sense of flight, variety, a good mission editor, and I get all this. And I also get a ton of updates. I think there is enough here to really enjoy and to encourage patience for those things yet to arrive. 

37 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

I love DCS, but because I do, I am very critic (and also tell others the great stuff of DCS) to make it better. 

About make things free and receive money. There are lots of examples, as said, that are free and receive money. In fact DCS is free and receives a lot of money. Nothing more to add.

Nothing wrong with criticism. And nothing wrong with making money.

• Like 1

Am 20.2.2022 um 02:29 schrieb Beirut:

What core problem? ...

I am happy for you. And I also love DCS!

Unfortunately, however, there are it is marred by some problems. It may be that you haven't noticed any of them (could it be that you play flat?). There is a growing community that now plays the game in VR. And let's be honest: DCS is predestined for it!
DCS does not only consist of jets, helicopters and maps. They don't fly by themselves. There is a programme in the background. And its architecture is what we are talking about. It is a bit outdated and no longer meets the requirements. It needs to be renovated and that has been announced to us for years. That's what we are waiting for.

But it's okay that you don't have any problems and I also think your attitude is very good!

Edited by Rufuz64

3 hours ago, Rufuz64 said:

I am happy for you. And I also love DCS!

Unfortunately, however, there are it is marred by some problems. It may be that you haven't noticed any of them (could it be that you play flat?). There is a growing community that now plays the game in VR. And let's be honest: DCS is predestined for it!
DCS does not only consist of jets, helicopters and maps. They don't fly by themselves. There is a programme in the background. And its architecture is what we are talking about. It is a bit outdated and no longer meets the requirements. It needs to be renovated and that has been announced to us for years. That's what we are waiting for.

But it's okay that you don't have any problems and I also think your attitude is very good!

Happiness is the art of the possible.

Far as I know, there is one, and only one, high fidelity combat jet and chopper simulator that I can buy. And I bought it. Warts and all, it's a helluva good flightsim. And as much as there are things I wish it had; luminescent dials for the Yak-52, chemical weapons, and more skins for the Mosquito, it offers enough to provide a very good and wide ranging flightsim experience. 

And as I have stated before, and will again, at the start of the pandemic when everyone was freaked out and locked inside, DCS offered all it's modules for free trials so we could have some fun. That was a class act thing to do and it earned DCS a megaton of patience on my part. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1