Helo Flight Theory Animated

StrongHarm

• Like 2

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Great little video.  Very good for someone just starting out on a helicopter sim.

Thanks for posting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

We're going to be seeing **a lot** of new folks when the Apache drops I'll betcha.  Keep this handy so you don't have to do the "ok <sigh>, let's talk about rotor wing theory first". hehe.  I found the animation of the swashplate especially useful.  It's hard to put into words.

• Like 1

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Fantastic animations 🙂
However, the guy could redo the engine part, he got it... too wrong even for general public, which the video is aimed at.
One thing puzzles me in his video... why is he saying "main rotors" and "tail rotors"? "In the center we have our 4 main rotors" etc. I thought these were blades, and there's one main rotor (unless it's a Chinook or a Kamov). Is it OK to call these things in English as he does? I know English is very flexible, but... he got me confused.

Edited by scoobie
typos

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

15 hours ago, StrongHarm said:

We're going to be seeing **a lot** of new folks when the Apache drops I'll betcha.  Keep this handy so you don't have to do the "ok <sigh>, let's talk about rotor wing theory first". hehe.  I found the animation of the swashplate especially useful.  It's hard to put into words.

I thank you muchly for thinking of people such as myself, I will be learning for a loooong while from the drop forward.

Thank you

6 hours ago, scoobie said:

Fantastic animations 🙂
However, the guy could redo the engine part, he got it... too wrong even for general public, which the video is aimed at.
One thing puzzles me in his video... why is he saying "main rotors" and "tail rotors"? "In the center we have our 4 main rotors" etc. I thought these were blades, and there's one main rotor (unless it's a Chinook or a Kamov). Is it OK to call these things in English as he does? I know English is very flexible, but... he got me confused.

Probably just a misspeak or whatever he was reading off of was written that way. It’s the main rotor and tail rotor which are made up of blades. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing, it's really useful

AMD 5800X | RTX 3080TI OC Edition | 64GB DDR4 3600 | 2TB nvme

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | WINWING F16 HOTAS ORION | Saitek Combat Pedals

A-10C II | A/V-8B NA | UH-1H | AH-64D Longbow | F/A-18C | F-16C

Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Nevada | Combined Arms