GBU buddy lase and AUTO mode

daemon1808

Hi,

I've been trying to launch GBUs and guide them using buddy lase on the harrier in AUTO mode, but I am not able.

The only way to launch and guide GBUs using buddy lase is in AGM mode, but I remember doing it in AUTO time ago. This have been changed or I'm doing something wrong?

If it is possible, what is the correct procedure?

Thanks

Edited by daemon1808

24 minutes ago, Wisky said:

what is auto mode?

F882483F-C010-4693-A414-EF9A3C164AF7.jpeg

its also just 3 posts above yours in the pins in this forum:

Thanks Wisky,

But I said"buddy lase", not own TPOD lase ^_^

AUTO mode is how CCRP mode is called in the Harrier, oposite to CCIP or AGM (a mix between CCPI and AUTO)

Edited by daemon1808

Auto requires you to have a target designated. Otherwise the computer cannot know where do you want to drop 🙂

Do a LSS with your DMT on your buddy's laser. Once the laser/target is found, that should (IIRC) create the designation and you should be able to use auto on it 

41 minutes ago, daemon1808 said:

I've tried that in the first place (it make sense), but it doesn't work 😞

The LSS find the laser spot, and the DMT lock on the target. But the bomb release cue line doesn't appear (and of course, the GBU doesn't drop) ^_^

Did you box DESG in the EHSD after you got the DMT lock?

I just tested it and it works. I'm attaching the track just in case you wanna see it (requires, probably, the vfg476 targets)
https://www.476vfightergroup.com/showthread.php?5304-476th-Range-Targets-Package  

1.trk

On 2/18/2022 at 12:23 AM, Draken35 said:

Did you box DESG in the EHSD after you got the DMT lock?

I just tested it and it works. I'm attaching the track just in case you wanna see it (requires, probably, the vfg476 targets)
https://www.476vfightergroup.com/showthread.php?5304-476th-Range-Targets-Package  

1.trk 2.76 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks Draken!

it did the trick. I was missing to DESG in the EHSD

One could think that will designate the current WP. But no, it designates where the DMT is looking. Not much intuitive ^_^