Any updates on the Hornet, ACLS and MIDS functions?

Cytarabine

• ED Team
1 hour ago, hanab said:

I still not understand why ED not finish hornet before to move the team to viper. 

the end of EA could have shown the consideration of the players.  I think that they prefers profit above all.  but I'm afraid it will backfire.  Because even the most faithful will be fed up about it.

That's why I won't buy any more EA signed by ED. I've been playing dcs for more than 10 years, and I can't stand this way of doing things anymore

There is still a team on the Hornet, people not needed on the Hornet any longer where the ones that moved over. 

But you did get one thing right, if EA is not enjoyable for you, then its better to wait for full release, correct.

Thanks.

PS, as always, when we have an update to give, it will be in the Mini-Update thread or in the newsletter or other official sources. 

• Like 3

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

24 minutes ago, NineLine said:

There is still a team on the Hornet, people not needed on the Hornet any longer where the ones that moved over. 

But you did get one thing right, if EA is not enjoyable for you, then its better to wait for full release, correct.

Thanks.

PS, as always, when we have an update to give, it will be in the Mini-Update thread or in the newsletter or other official sources. 

Guess there is everything done with radar and so on that last Mini-update was at 25-th of July, the real one, not just promisses and ATC that was working year before.

3 hours ago, NineLine said:

Thanks.

So by that we can take it there has been no progress worth sharing in 4 months?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

6 hours ago, NineLine said:

But the plane is not finished ! Normaly, you move your team when all the work is done. We don’t have any update since many month, we still wainting many features teased many years ago (ex : datacard, acls, test page, etc…). And now we have many bug, check hornet bug post and you will understand (like aa tacan , it’a shame to let this bug on stable version). 

About EA, you risk losing the trust of players who will no longer buy your productions.  But that's just my opinion, no one knows how the future will be but I think you're making a mistake by doing too much long EA.

Edited by hanab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, NineLine said:

Is the Hornet still in or out of EA, please.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

10 hours ago, Gypsy 1-1 said:

means nothing and only allows you to use it's real name and brand (logo)

This is not true. When people asked on the Razbam Discord about how they'll get data on the Strike Eagle, Prowler said that it's a licensed product, implying that they get access to some level of data. ED also has authentic Betty recordings alongside some other things, so it's very safe to assume that Boeing gave them at least some kind of data. It's possible that with data there can limitations as well.

7 hours ago, Gypsy 1-1 said:

Is it though? Unless you can show me where I can find the tactical manual for the Hornet, which contains all of the perf. charts and some subsystem data mentioned here, let alone accurate MSI documentation. 

The Tac manual isn't available, but the technical manual for the radar is. It's not available for free, but it is publicly available. 

Is it though? Unless you can show me where I can find the tactical manual for the Hornet, which contains all of the perf. charts and some subsystem data mentioned here, let alone accurate MSI documentation. 
The only way I could see this being "fixed" is if ED did a low Lot Super Hornet with most of the same systems as theri legacy but rectified most of its fundamental issues. 
Most certainly is. You can start with the A1-F18AC-742-100 and the A1-F18AC-FRM-000. They contain a wealth of information, as well as figures, for the radar (both A/A and A/G), MSI, FLIR, AZ/EL and SA, among other things. They're both publicly and legitimately available online and can be found with a quick google search.

Their close study is a natural first step in the process of trying to understand or simulate a Hornet operating in the 2000s.
  • Like 3

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

17 hours ago, Shimmergloom667 said:

Man, you guys are pessimists. Yes, it would be great if stuff got finished faster, especially since the Hornet is at a very high level of completion already and we are using it for so long - but now it's the Viper's turn, and it sorely needs it. As we saw, a lot of Hornet developments speeded up Viper development, and later on we will profit off that in the Hornet as well because stuff will arrive faster.

Judging the Hornet to be "abandoned" is just absurd. A bit on the backburner? Yeah, obviously. That will change in good time. Just my 0.02$, I am not in a hurry.

Realistim is not pesimism and it woudnt be the first time they abandoned this 70 euro module for viper

Edited by IkarusC42B Pilot
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

Realistim is not pesimism and it woudnt be the first time they abandoned this 70 euro module for viper

Abandoning would mean "stopping on working on it for good", which clearly is not the case.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

• ED Team

Please review the rules before posting, comments that are insulting or condescending are not welcome. The rules can be found at the top of the forum.

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

21 hours ago, hanab said:

I still not understand why ED not finish hornet before to move the team to viper. 

the end of EA could have shown the consideration of the players.  I think that they prefers profit above all.  but I'm afraid it will backfire.  Because even the most faithful will be fed up about it.

That's why I won't buy any more EA signed by ED. I've been playing dcs for more than 10 years, and I can't stand this way of doing things anymore

because hornet have still make enough money..now it is not so important....people has rush, they want everything now even products are incomplete...ed live behind incomplete products..every new product sell better than an older product

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Lordfacker84 said:

because hornet have still make enough money..now it is not so important....people has rush, they want everything now even products are incomplete...ed live behind incomplete products..every new product sell better than an older product

it's sad.  In addition ed is not able to publish a roadmap as what the plan is not reliable (if there is one…)

• Like 1

I don’t understand the hostility here.  The Hornet is an amazing module at a high level of completion and functionality.  I would consider it the backbone multirole fighter of DCS, and the experience it gives in conjunction with the Supercarrier is nothing short of amazing.

Sure there are some bugs, and perhaps some elements of very specific systems that are not simulated 100%, but unless I was a Hornet pilot IRL would I be able to tell?

Every update ED fixes more of these bugs and brings some new features.  The idea that the Hornet is abandoned is preposterous!  And I bet it’s still a strong seller, as it’s the best option for anyone new to the game wanting to get started with the best ‘do-all’ module.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, War_Pig said:

but unless I was a Hornet pilot IRL would I be able to tell?

Evidenced by how such threads as these exist then yes, definitely.

The main one in my mind, namely MSI, is such a significant feature that everyday I see people complaining about issues that having MSI would solve whether they know about it or not. So whilst hornet is good, don't fall back into thinking that what we have now is 'complete enough' because its not.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

7 hours ago, War_Pig said:

The Hornet is an amazing module at a high level of completion and functionality

It's a good module, sure and the functionality is absolutely there, but there are quite a few painful ommissions even if we don't count MSI. All the IAM features, fixing the CCIP bug, fixing all the bugs and simplifications related to the radar, the missing HOTAS functions and the improper DDI autopage logic when it comes to master mode swapping, the incorrect RWR thread bands and the lack of map slew function, just to name a few. The missing radar modes would also be really nice to have, all the third party modules implement every radar mode, even the "useless" ones. Another year of development could fix all these issues.

On top of this, nice to have would be finishing all the BITs, implementing the target data page and a functional MIDS page and finishing the missing weapon submodes and functions. (Cooperative MITL launch, certain Harpoon, HARM and Maverick functions, etc.) 

• Like 3

I’ve supported Ed for a long time (since 2011) but over time, I saw that their policy has changed as well as the quality of their modules which needs to be reviewed.

Well i guess no more Ed’s Early access for me!

With all respect 

Edited by med-taha
  • Like 6

Unfilled commitments and not fully delivered products is not a sustainable business model. Users will leave or switch platforms at the first opportunity whenever competition appears, or even if there is no competition, users will eventually become fatigued from the undelivered issues and pursue something else entirely. A business would do well to fully realize their products even at a loss for that one particular product, lest they risk any future growth or increase in users & purchases. A case like COVID while of course disastrous overall, was generally a huge boon to niche companies - this growth won't stay forever. As users become power users with their product and learn what was not delivered attitudes will change through even the average user. The fallout will not be immediate. Foresight is required in such cases - especially when a business only has a limited amount of products they can eventually create, user trust is paramount for long term success.

- This is a general statement, not directed at ED, DCS, or the F/A-18C module.

Edited by MARLAN_
  • Like 6

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.