Video Export Toggle for the TADS

CYPHER11

Hey Guys,

At 0:18 you can see the TADS and the Screen as a full screen. Will it be possible to do something like the F14 with the video export toggle? So you can make the TADS fullscreen with a toggle button? Will this be available? If not, could you make it available? I use it a lot in VR in the F14 to resize the TGP, would also be amazing to be able to do this in the Apache 🙂 

Thanks

https://youtu.be/Z5gZa1DWwW4

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How bout a snap view?

• Like 1

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 2 weeks later...

Snapview's surely are usefull in many situations, but for content creators it can turn out to be quite the pain compared to what a dedicated F-14 style video export could offer. The most notable problem that you come across when using snapviews is the obvious fact that you're filming the MFD itself and don't get a direct video feed, hence why you'll encouter sunglare and the different looks of day and night mode of the mfd itself (if not even grime and dirt textures on the screen). Sure these issues are somewhat managable in post production but obviously it will hindre the potential compared to what a dedicated video export could offer for content creators. Overall this sadly is not of real importance for most users, which makes me believe that ED simply doesn't care to much about it. (I already made the same suggestion at the beginning of last year, with no real response at all) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2022 at 7:27 AM, CYPHER11 said:

sorry for the poke - but does this get recognized?

For me atm it looks like they actually DID use snap view. otherwise why should there be vibration when the gun got shot. gotta dig through the files to see if that is an exportable screen

FW190A8|FW190D9|F14|F15C|F18|A-10C|AV8B|BS2|UH1H|Mi8|Gazelle|Persian Gulf|Normandie|Eurofighter Typhoon

4 hours ago, MRTX said:

Yes they did use snapviews. (and yes the standard screen export feature that DCS has is also working with the Apache, but its a bit of a pain to set up compared to just pressing a simple button)

And it can’t be used in VR - the Video Export of the F14 works perfect in VR 😕 well to bad no answer from ED…

• 5 months later...

I 100% agree with Cypher11. I'd love the "video export toggle" command for any and all aircraft. okay, I probably wouldn't find a use for it in the warbirds, MiG21, F5 and such. But anything with a targeting pod, the Viggen of course. I'd use it daily if it was on the F/A-18, F16, A10, Harrier, etc. Kind of hoping the F15 E has it when it comes out two weeks from 2050. Once I found out how to use it, I'm now using it all the time. I'd like this feature in more aircraft. 

On 3/31/2022 at 3:45 PM, CYPHER11 said:

And it can’t be used in VR - the Video Export of the F14 works perfect in VR 😕 well to bad no answer from ED…

Who won't want it? 

Screen_220903_205142.png

• Like 1