What is your opinion about the best AA configuration in the DCS settings panel ?

mosqui

Hello I would like to know the opinion of the forum on which is the best AA configuration in the DCS settings panel.

The following combinations are possible and the number of fps varies substantially for the same mission. For example with fps locked at 60 fps, monitor resolution 4k ,plane on  the ground and with AA as follows:

SSAA x1.5 and MSSA off approx 59fps.

MSAA x2 and SSAA off approximately 52 fps.

Image quality in both cases is very good .

With SSAA x1.5 and MSAA x2 approximately 45 fps with better image quality than the previous two.

With MSAA x4 and SSAA off approx 41 fps. But best image quality better than all previous combinations.

I prefer the first one (SSAA x1.5 and MSSA off) although sometimes I would like to keep MSAA x4 and SSAA off since the image is perfect.

What does the forum advise me? .

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Personally use MSAAx4, and SSAAx2. Anything less than this and I get shimmer that no matter how hard I try my eyes are drawn to - even the slightest telegraph pole!

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

I used MSAAx2 and SSAAx1.5 in DCS for a long time at 1920x1200 resolution. With the new Nvidia drivers, I'm now running MSAAx4 in DCS, and DLDSRx2.25 plus AA transparency multisample in Nvidia control panel. Excellent performance and great picture quality, albeit with slight shimmering from time to time - but the performance gain is worth it.

A-4E | AV-8B N/A | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-5E | F-14A&B | F1 | FC3 | M-2000C | Mosquito | P-47D | Spitfire | AH-64D | Mi-8MTV2 | Mi-24P | SA342 | UH-1H
Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | Sinai | South Atlantic | Syria | The Channel | Supercarrier | NS430
i7-5820K @ 4.50GHz | 32GB DDR-4 @ 3.00GHz | 2x 1TB NVMe SSD | Asus RTX 2070S O8G
Saitek X-52 Pro HOTAS | Thrustmaster TFRP pedals | TrackIR 5