Radar elevation freezes

Chibawang

This happens almost on the daily and it is an old issue.. Just do a bit of bvr on a contested server.. bound to happen at some point. I will try to replicate it myself, as so far i've been just using the dogfight method to bypass it, but it is becoming annoying.

Edited by DJK
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, DJK said:

This happens almost on the daily and it is an old issue.. Just do a bit of bvr on a contested server.. bound to happen at some point. I will try to replicate it myself, as so far i've been just using the dogfight method to bypass it, but it is becoming annoying.

Thanks man for your feedback, it would be nice to have some positive feedback from ED on it.
Maybe the topic title is a little misleading. The issue i reproduced in my tracks and video i posted is more about a wrong recentering of the axis range over the elevation gimbal. 
It means that if it recenters -20°, sweeping my axis it will result in a -60/+40 when it should be -60/+60.

Edited by falconzx

13 hours ago, falconzx said:

Thanks man for your feedback, it would be nice to have some positive feedback from ED on it.
Maybe the topic title is a little misleading. The issue i reproduced in my tracks and video i posted is more about a wrong recentering of the axis range over the elevation gimbal. 
It means that if it recenters -20°, sweeping my axis it will result in a -60/+40 when it should be -60/+60.

Not misleading.. but an issue in and of itself entirely. RWS gets stuck completely sometimes - unable to move elevation until you cycle dogfight modes or to TWS and back.. but these issues might also be related. Either way, both need to be addressed. The RWS one at least has been with the viper for a long time.. i'm surprised any of these two issues are not even acknowledged as an issue so far.

• Like 1

Lo and behold.. here it is (RWS antenna elevation freeze):

@BIGNEWY

Track file included. I suspect the part where the radar loses lock & aquires it again, before losing it completely is somewhat related to the bug.. will try to replicate in different conditions, but as it is now.. you can reproduce it from the track file if you take controls just before that moment (as i did in the video).

ANT break 1.trk

Edited by DJK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team

I have not been able to reproduce personally. I have asked the team to check also, so far it has been elusive for us. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Reproduction: Free flight caucasus (works anywhere, but that's where i tested it)

lock up plane in front which is below 5nm range away in RWS SAM. unlock Target again after a while. try to move rdr elev. doesnt move. Switch to TWS and back RWS, now the rdr elev moves again.

Same works if you start with TWS. wait for track to build, bug target. unlock target. move rdr elev. doesnt move. Switch to RWS and back to TWS, rdr elev moves again.

tracks are somehow too large, uploaded here

https://mega.nz/file/NrZzBCqD#78IHm35InAAqbqAegQ2T3EvVzTta2YRuw3BGM-s0SYc

• Like 1