Sight & acquisition : just one question

vctpil
Go to solution Solved by Raptor9,

Hi,

I have seen the both TADS video from Wags and read the real manual, but I would like that someone confirm if I correctly understand.

You can select the sight with the Sight Select switch located on the collective/mission control grip or the TEDAC right hand grip. I saw that Wags select the Acquisition source via the weapon page on the TADS part II.

My question : is there a way to select the acquisition with the cyclic, the collective or the TEDAC hand grips?

Thanks,

Vincent

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

• ED Team
  • Solution
12 minutes ago, vctpil said:

My question : is there a way to select the acquisition with the cyclic, the collective or the TEDAC hand grips?

Not directly.  If you want to be able to do it without pressing MPD bezel buttons or taking your hands off the controls/TEDAC grips, you can use the cursor controller on the collective or TEDAC grips to move the cursor to the ACQ button and select it that way.  Every bezel option on every MPD page can be selected using the MPD cursor.

EDIT: Wow, that's a lot of answers all at once.

Edited by Raptor9
  • Like 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

OK, that was very quick, thanks all for the answer.

And, yes, I have the manual, but it is a lot to read and the forum is there to help. 

• Like 1

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

• 1 month later...

Had the same question, even though I guessed there were no special "HOTAS" buttons.
Would have been awesome to have a "acquisition selection switch", same was as the "sight selection swtich".

But again, then I must send a "complaint" to Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) 😆

BTW: The Apache module is just awesome!

Edited by MIghtymoo

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

1 hour ago, MrReynolds said:

I haven't the need yet, but If and when I want this feature it'll certianly be a macro in my joystick settings 🙂

This is how I have done it. I'm in tads as CPG and when my Pilot wants to show me something, I just press a button, and it slaves to his view point. If I want to find something I see from the cockpit quickly, I use the same macro just with the GHS acquisition to move my tads where I'm looking. This can also be used to fire the gun with laser rangefinder from the CPGs helmet, so it's quite nice if you need to react fast. I don't get why they haven't thought about that option. The AH-64D is full of tech, but utilizing it is super slow and difficult.