New PC

Hi,

I am about to get a new PC. The folder where DCS is located on my current PC is cca 320 GB big. Is there an official way how to "copy" the folder to the new PC? I gues it is possible just to copy the folder using an external disk for example. But I am not sure whether it cannot result in any problems in the future. I am looking for a supported way.

Anoher option is to do a clear installation. But with my internet connection it  means at least 3 days of downloading. Therefore I am looking for a quicker way.

Thanks in advance

Just copy the main DCS folder so there is no need to download anything. Make a shortcut to the /bin/dcs_updater.exe. If something's not working go through repair process. You should also copy the /saved games/dcs with your settings, missions, controls, logbook etc.

• Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/19/2022 at 6:37 PM, draconus said:

Just copy the main DCS folder so there is no need to download anything. Make a shortcut to the /bin/dcs_updater.exe. If something's not working go through repair process. You should also copy the /saved games/dcs with your settings, missions, controls, logbook etc.

I just did this with my new Windows install and it isn't recognizing any of the controls or keybindings. It has all my graphics settings but none of the game inputs. I checked the files in the Saved Games config folder and they all have the correct settings in them. Why isn't the game using them?

Any help?

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, RaTzo said:

Any help?

After reinstalling the system your USB devices got new ID. If you change anything in the controls for your HOTAS you'll see another file is created (.diff.lua) with the new ID. You can either rename the old files with the new ID or go to controls in DCS and choose the import profile option while having the HOTAS column selected - you then import the file named with old ID. It's a minute job if you click fast. Just be careful importing profiles - make sure you get the proper device for proper module.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new, haven't gotten a new PC yet, have "Hughes Net for internet, (Waiting on Freedom Fiber) the  kids that help around the farm say it's fast but they have to run

it out here!!!! So Freaking is in my Vocabulary, I was hoping that down the line, you might give me a hand!!! It take 15 min to down load the hand book a 5 to print 20 pages!!!!

At this point even a reply would be appreciated!!!!

Edited by Alabama Hillbilly

47 minutes ago, Alabama Hillbilly said:

At this point even a reply would be appreciated!!!!

It'll greatly help if you actually ask a question.

• Like 1

Am 11.4.2022 um 10:20 schrieb draconus:

It'll greatly help if you actually ask a question.

Patience, he's so excited 🙃

He'll come back when the problems are present.

• Like 1

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X