Players can't find the server when I try to host

tityus

Hello there,

Although, in theory, I've forwarded the ports and configured the firewall to allow traffic from/to DCS, when I create a MP server, it doesn't appear in the MP server browser in DCS. 

I'll try to list what I've done so far. Maybe someone can spot the flaw and help me

- ports 10308, 10309, 443 Forwarded to my "local host"

- Comodo firewall with custom ruleset for dcs.exe (TCP or UDP in or out allowed)

- Windows firewall disabled/Avira firewall disabled

- just a little after running, my server shows up at https://x51squadron.com/dcs_servers, but not at DCS MP browser

- we've tried direct IP connection, but it didn't work

- I've created a DMZ, but it also didn't work

- my DCS can connect to my friend server and to other servers listed in DCS without issues

- problem is persistent | restarts and reboots didn't help.

I saw a post reporting the same issue, marked as SOLVED, but there was no answer there. I even tried to resurrect the thread without success.

Any ideas?

I am another who always has been host weekend from the last patch my brother said he does see my sever any more on multiple player.     I did a repair and check my fire wall setting.

I am not sure try next.

VIKBELL

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It is still an issue for me however I might reload the game and find out.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Still happening for me as well. People will be on the server and it shows through the MP list not online. 3rd party sites see the server as up as well. Try to join manually and it shows offline as well.

If you refresh it enough it will show up or if you let the entire list populate it will sometimes let you join manually. 

Contacted my ISP and they have no blocks on any of the server providers, or IPs, and everything is good on my end with no drops or issues. (They told me to contact my ISP to see if that resolves the issue) 

Put a ticket in and got a stock response that did nothing to help out, so I gave up. Acted like no no one else had this issue even though I have experienced it with several servers and visitors to our Warbirds server report it several times a day.  Its not the end of the world just irritating

Sorry to hear we arent alone with the frustration. Happened to me 3 times already today

Edited by Buckly

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I am having the same issue.  To make things very clear with ED and anyone reading this post, I did a quick video to explain the issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have kept is very simple.  Created a mission in the editor, used the new launch mission in multiplayer, my buddy cannot find it.  When connecting to the IP, it says server not available.  I demonstrate everything in the video below.  Please advise if anyone has found a way to fix this.  Really want to get some practice in with the missions I have created for my wingman and I.  Thank you. (HD version is uploading to YouTube for the video.  I am impatient and was hoping to hear from someone sooner than later so we could try something tonight.)

27 minutes ago, Devil 505 said:

I believe I am having the same issue. 

90% of this type of issue, is caused by an incorrect configuration of the port forwards on the router, or of the Firewall on the DCS Server machine. You can check if the ports are indeed open, by connecting to this website (on the PC that is acting as DCS Server) and input the port you want to test:

https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

For example:

IP Port Check.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

3 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

90% of this type of issue, is caused by an incorrect configuration of the port forwards on the router, or of the Firewall on the DCS Server machine. You can check if the ports are indeed open, by connecting to this website (on the PC that is acting as DCS Server) and input the port you want to test:

Rudel,

You are the cats ass.  I tried what you said and it worked! After months of trying to figure this out.  For those wanting to know how its done, go to your routers website (https://192.ect....) and go to the NAT/Gaming tab under firewall.  You can open the port there, or in my case with the ATT router, just add DCS to the list and it opened port 10308.  I tried the mission in the video above and my buddy and I were able to get in no problems.  

Thanks again Rudel for the solid advise.  It is all in the router settings.  I should have known this, but forgot to check.

Edited by Devil 505
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 10:03 PM, tityus said:

Hello there,

Although, in theory, I've forwarded the ports and configured the firewall to allow traffic from/to DCS, when I create a MP server, it doesn't appear in the MP server browser in DCS. 

I'll try to list what I've done so far. Maybe someone can spot the flaw and help me

- ports 10308, 10309, 443 Forwarded to my "local host"

- Comodo firewall with custom ruleset for dcs.exe (TCP or UDP in or out allowed)

- Windows firewall disabled/Avira firewall disabled

- just a little after running, my server shows up at https://x51squadron.com/dcs_servers, but not at DCS MP browser

- we've tried direct IP connection, but it didn't work

- I've created a DMZ, but it also didn't work

- my DCS can connect to my friend server and to other servers listed in DCS without issues

- problem is persistent | restarts and reboots didn't help.

I saw a post reporting the same issue, marked as SOLVED, but there was no answer there. I even tried to resurrect the thread without success.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the answer Rudel. Any ideas about the OP? 
Ports are forwarded and the server even appears on the x51squadron list, but doesn`t show on the clients wannabe dcs MP servers list.

Any idea on how to test if ports are being closed at my providers end?
even with firewall disabled, port checker shows 10308, 10309, 443 as closed  

Edited by tityus

5 hours ago, tityus said:

Any idea on how to test if ports are being closed at my providers end?
even with firewall disabled, port checker shows 10308, 10309, 443 as closed  

As far as I know, it is very unlikely that an ISP is blocking the use of these ports. The testing website that I suggested can’t tell where is the blocking happening, it only detects if a certain private IP address can be seen from the internet at a certain port. Re-check your port forwarding at the router, for it to work reliably your router should also have a dhcp reserved address for your server, so that it always gets the same private address. Also, don’t disable your whole firewall, instead add rules to it allowing traffic on just the ports that DCS uses.

Finally, if you still can’t get the ports working, call your ISP support and ask them to check the traffic on these ports.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, kefor said:

Same issue/symptoms as OP. Simple server setup in game. Server shows up on https://x51squadron.com/dcs_servers  Does not show up on DCS server list when players search, and anybody trying to connect gets server offline. DCS version 2.7.15.25026.  3rd party port checkers show 10308 closed. Wonder why X51 shows it active lol. Lynksys router.

You need to open 10308 both for UDP and TCP connections.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 3 weeks later...

As of two weeks ago I some how have the ability to be seen on multiplayer again unsure what changed but thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

I aswell am plagued with this.

Trying to host a server on my pc so that i and my buddy can do some training.

Ive opened the 10308 port for both tcp/udp in my router aswell as win firewall. 

It does show up on my dcs profile menu under my servers but not under the dark grey web gui where it says cannot connect. Cant even add a mission there..) it does pop up in the x51 server list aswell as on the server list on the dcs site and my friend can see it.

Yougetsingal is sayin its closed...

However at the same time he cannot see it listed on the dcs server list in mp and direct connection gives "server offline".

Someone mentioned that thw DSLite tech of my ISP is causing this.

Any experiences/solutuons?

We're both on current stable.

Edited by Doughguy

On 8/3/2022 at 1:01 AM, Doughguy said:

I aswell am plagued with this.

Trying to host a server on my pc so that i and my buddy can do some training.

Ive opened the 10308 port for both tcp/udp in my router aswell as win firewall. 

It does show up on my dcs profile menu under my servers but not under the dark grey web gui where it says cannot connect. Cant even add a mission there..) it does pop up in the x51 server list aswell as on the server list on the dcs site and my friend can see it.

Yougetsingal is sayin its closed...

However at the same time he cannot see it listed on the dcs server list in mp and direct connection gives "server offline".

Someone mentioned that thw DSLite tech of my ISP is causing this.

Any experiences/solutuons?

We're both on current stable.

Yep. Same here. I have tried everything. Opened port on my router for UDP and TCP, shut down firewall and antivirus to no avail. I even tried calling my ISP and they assured me the port was not being blocked on their end but yougetsignal still shows it blocked. I'm completely stumped at this point. Are you using Windows 11 by chance?

Nope. Win 10.

Asked the same question in the german part of the forum.

My server showed up in my dcs profile but my mate didnt see it in the list and couldnt direct connect either. Ive tried ipv4 and ipv6 connections. No avail.

Then my mate opend his ports and it worked at first try he has a different isp.

The culprit was the DS Lite tech on my part... Dual Stacking Lite connection.

Gotta check your router if its not using it.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Doughguy said:

Nope. Win 10.

Asked the same question in the german part of the forum.

My server showed up in my dcs profile but my mate didnt see it in the list and couldnt direct connect either. Ive tried ipv4 and ipv6 connections. No avail.

Then my mate opend his ports and it worked at first try he has a different isp.

The culprit was the DS Lite tech on my part... Dual Stacking Lite connection.

Gotta check your router if its not using it.

My ISP is AT&T. How do I check for what you are talking about? I looked through my router configuration (which is a Tp-Link AX11000) and I didn't see anything that said DS Lite.