A-10C - A-10A still a option?

MBot

http://www.simhq.com/_air12/air_394a.html

Having read the latest SimHQ interview with Matt (great stuff), it seems the A-10C is planned for the next DCS module. The way I understand it, initially the A-10 was planned in the A version, when later the permission was granted to (also?) do the C version. My question now is, has the A-10C completely replaced to A-10A as planned DCS candidate or is the A still planned for a later time?

Of course I am thrilled about the A-10C, but quite frankly I was looking forward more to the A-10A. Call me old fashioned, but I guess I am a cold war warrior :) Anyway, looking forward to anything that comes.

SU-25A !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Technically it is from World War 2 ! :D

Imo better first Su-25T\M, Su-25SM with uber high end addons or Skorpion ^^

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Technically it is from World War 2 ! :D

Actualy I think that is a common missconception. With its laser range finder the Su-25 is proably a more precise platform for unguided rockets and bombs than the A-10A. Remember, most FC computers calculate range to target through attack angle and radar alt. This assumes the target has the same ground elevation, which is not always the case. In rough terrain the calculated impact point is therefore often off the mark (quite nicely simulated in Lock On's A-10). The Su-25 with its laser range finder does not have that problem. Sorry for going OT, but I need to defend the vanilla Su-25 :)

EB-1, thanks for the insight. I stay tuned for future announccments. With the A-10A still being a possibility (and the AH-64A comming), all you have to do now is to create a Germany terrain and I am in tank hunting heaven :)

A 10A....A 10C, differences between them? Anyone that wants to explain?

I really want the version that the producers can really replicate in every aspect.

Regards

A-10C looks as though it has a similar HSD to an F-16 which is really handy for CAS as the HSD shows you where everything is it also has a data link similar to the F-16s display.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Actualy I think that is a common missconception. With its laser range finder the Su-25 is proably a more precise platform for unguided rockets and bombs than the A-10A. Remember, most FC computers calculate range to target through attack angle and radar alt. This assumes the target has the same ground elevation, which is not always the case. In rough terrain the calculated impact point is therefore often off the mark (quite nicely simulated in Lock On's A-10). The Su-25 with its laser range finder does not have that problem. Sorry for going OT, but I need to defend the vanilla Su-25 :)

EB-1, thanks for the insight. I stay tuned for future announccments. With the A-10A still being a possibility (and the AH-64A comming), all you have to do now is to create a Germany terrain and I am in tank hunting heaven :)

A-10As Radar Altimeter takes a slice ahead of the aircraft when using CCIP its just as accurate IRL as the SU25. Theres a thread about it in the Lockon forums.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Sorry for another post!

Info from the Acedy Link.....

Even for a simple laser-guided-bomb delivery, what took roughly 14 cockpit switch changes now takes four with the C model

I want those 14 switch changes steps..........I really want the A 10A model for sure!!!

Edited by Skkuda

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic56197_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

AMD Phenom IIx4 955 Black Edition@3.2Ghz

Asus M4A785TD-M EVO 6Ghz DDR3 1033

NVidia Geforce GTX 570 hd1280 Mb GDDR5

I'm sure if you're trying to win an actual war, simplicity, reliability, lethality, etc are great things in an aircraft. However an entertainment simulator user cares more about tackling and mastering an aircraft system. I would happily learn/fly an Su-25 in a simulator. The foibles of the systems, lackings in technical integration are positives to me. Push button warfare makes a good military but a poor video game.

:pilotfly:

Hmm, I enjoy the tactics of combat more than learning systems. For me, the more advanced platforms with their simplified avionics (and more effective combat systems) are more enjoyable. Simulated combat will still be intense.

I'm really looking forward to the A10c and wish that someone would do a modern Longbow sim (or maybe a Euro Tiger). But that's just me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Australian Air Force

A 10A....A 10C, differences between them? Anyone that wants to explain?

Bases on what I gathered:

A-10C improvements

- smart bombs (JDAM and WCMD)

- sniper XR pod (includes mid-wave FLIR (forward-looking infrared), dual mode laser, CCD-TV, laser spot tracker and IR marker)

- upgraded cockpit with 2 MFD

- situational awareness datalinks

- helmet mounted sighting system!

- new stronger ceramic/titanium bath tub armour

- Night Vision Imaging Systems (NVIS)

- radar?

- engine upgrade

- new HOTAS

Crappy plane .. I hope ED forget about it!

Just to balance this thread out ;) ... couldn't care less about the A10 ... have an A10 in Lomac and haven't touched it, nor have I got even the slightest twinge of a desire to fly that crappy plane (subjective perception obviously not universally shared :D).

If you want a good CAS jet .. do the Harrier. Even the yanks use the Harrier.

• Like 1

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

^^ sure..you say that now.....just wait till DCS:Hog comes out ;)

lol! Almost 99% sure m8 ... but maybe I might be a tad curious ... maybe ;)

Cheers!

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

The A-10 IS a good CAS jet ... arguably the BEST CAS jet ... about the only thing the Harrier can do is take off and land vertically, and fly from shorter distances, but at the cost of 1/4 the payload ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

No no no! The Harrier can look COOL too, and it does it much better than the A-10. It can also operate from within the field, keeping up with an advance making for quicker response times when called on for support. Here's the clincher; many Harrier pilots have a Brit accent variant, Spanish or Hindi ... which is way cooler than your average A-10 pilots accent, come on you have to admit that! ;).