New hardware reinstall?

GunnyCook

So further to my other issues, i had to buy a new mobo, cpu and ram, all my drives are differently identified now. if i wipe the drives and reinstall dcs in full, will all my modules and maps be reacquired or will i have to authenticate all from scratch, some modules have activation keys and the newer purchases dont. its not steam version its beta and i would like beta back.

would a repair work just as well?

thanks

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

1 hour ago, GunnyCook said:

… i had to buy a new mobo, cpu and ram, all my drives are differently identified now. if i wipe the drives and reinstall dcs in full, will all my modules and maps be reacquired or will i have to authenticate all from scratch, some modules have activation keys and the newer purchases dont

Activation keys are no longer needed with dcs, you only need to remember your username and password, so you can reinstall the sim if you want and no keys will be needed.

1 hour ago, GunnyCook said:

would a repair work just as well?

yes, and it would save a lot of download time. But remember to keep your /saved games/dcs.openbeta/ folder, as it contains your configuration, logbook, campaign status, etc. 

If you reinstall windows, you will probably need to backup/restore your hotas control bindings.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks Rudel, i will give it a go

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic,