Grip Bases & Precision

I am not much familiar with WinWing. I know their throttle seems to be more popular than their stick.

VKB and Virpil - I have experience with both, and both are excellent hardware. I currently run a VKB Gunfighter Pro MK III with 200mm extension, and a Virpil CM3 Throttle. Love them both.

VKB - stick can be used either on desktop or mounted with an extension. Virpil CM stick is designed mainly to be mounted, their WarBRD line is designed more for desktop use.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Bought a Virpil WarBRD Base last week. Before I used the Thrustmaster Warthog base and I have to admit, that the difference is night and day!

I use the WarBRD with my Thrustmaster F-18 and F-16 stick with the Aviasim soft center and the heavy springs with no extension center mounted on a wheelstand pro.

The WarBRD is super smooth, precise and build in superior quality (steel, aluminum, ball bearings....). Can't imagine going back to the Thrustmaster base.

The Virpil base is a no brainer. Would buy it again.

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

Hello,

I have moved in the last 2 years from a Logitech Sidewinder to a Hotas Warthow and was a pretty big change. but this las Christmas I swapped the Joystick to a Winwing Superlibra with extension and table mount and the difference is huge... Much more precise, and progressive on the force required and the center is there but not requiring force to move out of it, The buttons feel great, but so did the warthog.. When I was looking for a new base, I was in doubt as you between VPC, Virpil and RealSimulator, but in Black Friday there was a pretty good offer on the superlibra with F18 grip. I ordered the adapter for TM grips just in case in the future I want to use my A-10 or f-6 grips…

With mechanical joysticks I highly recommend table mount and not use them onto the desk, and the extension improve a lot the precision of the movements... I believe that VPC, Virpil and Winwing are one level over TM, in quality and price, but the hotas warthog is a good mid level...

The alternative is the Electronic bases, like the Realsimulator FSSB-R3 Lighting, that are force sensing and do not move like the real f16 Joystick…

I believe that any of the bases you are looking will work great... it is a matter of finding on good offer in one you like... 

best regards

Thanks for the input, everyone!  After having looked over all the options mentioned and doing a mountain of research on specs and long-term reviews, I went with the VKB Gunfighter MKIII base and the VKB MCG Pro stick.  I have a Warthog stick and base and like it a lot, but it is lousy for really fine stuff like AA refueling.  The VKB, of all the options, was the most flexible.  I decided against the MCG Ultimate because whether the stick is metal literally makes no difference to me, reason being I've also owned Glocks and know from experience polymers can be much tougher than metal.  I also wanted a stick that was flexible since I have no plans to switch sticks to match aircraft, and the MCG is designed to be flexible.  I do wish the MCG Pro had more 5 way hats and less analog sticks (or at least an option to choose between at order), but I can live with that.  But the main reason is the Gunfighter MkIII base is flexible. It can mount on a desk desk, and I can add an extension later if I want. For now, I plan to mount it on the desk and give that a try, aiming for a feel similar to the F-16 stick.  But if I don't care for that, I'll build a base on the floor and order an extension.