Russian vs. English Versions

theox

C:\Archivos de programa\Eagle Dynamics\Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\localizer.lua.

4 hours after i could find it............ Now Black Shark is tuned exactly how i like it

Training videos, missions campaigns and tracks in english.

Subtitles in english.

Sounds in russian

Cockpit in russian.

ABRIS in english.

This is a pleasure, minute after minute, i am really enjoying this A LOT.

Time to learn and read every word of the manual. Thanks for this great sim, You make me very happy.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

C:\Archivos de programa\Eagle Dynamics\Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\localizer.lua.

4 hours after i could find it............ Now Black Shark is tuned exactly how i like it

Training videos, missions campaigns and tracks in english.

Subtitles in english.

Sounds in russian

Cockpit in russian.

ABRIS in english.

I had a similar mix in the russian version (abris and warnings in eng but pit in rus) and now i want it in the english v, how exacly do one edit the localizer.lua file? Notepad?

You must copy the Sounds Folder of the russian version into the english version.

This give you by default russian vocies with english subtitles in missions and campaigns. The training videos remaining in english voice with english text.

PLEASE make a back up of the original english folder.

For the Abris in English.

Eagle Dynamics\Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\localizer.lua.

Edit with notepad++ like this at the top of the file : country = "EN"

if LockOn_Options.cockpit_language == "russian" then

country = "EN"

PLEASE make a backup of the original file.

With this two changes ABRIS is in english, cockpt in russian ( all, including warning and info lights), voices in russian and subtittles in english, and the missions, campaigns and training videos remains in english.

Of Course you need to select in options. Cockpit in Russian.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Esac .... the banner and text to come up with more ... ... there are times that I am in the cockpit of the black shark and I feel like Eastwood and his blue bird...."I must think in russian....I must think in russian...pfff...bocadillo de jamon con aceitito....bocadillo de jamooon"....focus is complicated... ;)

What to watch tonight at home, thanks for the contribution.

• Like 1

I5 4690K@4500ghz/24gb DDR3 ram/Evga GTX1070

A mi me pasa lo mismo Kike, si te contaran en mi escuadrón la de veces que me pillan comiendo mientras vuelo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EKRAN now also in english but upper panel caution lights and left panel warning lights still in russian. No matter the changes i had made into cautionlights_panel_localizer.lua.

Some help please?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EKRAN now also in english but upper panel caution lights and left panel warning lights still in russian. No matter the changes i had made into cautionlights_panel_localizer.lua.

Some help please?

I erased by Russian install but I'd like to compare that with the English version of cautionlights_pane_localizer.lua. Otherwise, I guess we got used to Russian annunciations in LockOn we can do it here too. I'd really like to have the Russian "Bitchin' Betty" (voice warnings) back.

Smokin' Hole

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

I already own the russian version and was planning to buy the english. The "Non freetrack support" is a real bummer for me so I probably end up not buying it... Your discussion gave me some sort of idea and I was wondering if it was feasable.

Let's say i'm buying the english version and install it. Would it be possible to move some folders from the english version into the russian one, thus localizing the ru version in english, ie.: campaign, training mission, cockpit, etc... and also keeping the FT support w/ 6DOF..

just a tought..

pit

MOBO ASUS P5QL-Pro, Intel Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3.5 GHZ, 8GB DDR2 Crucial, XFX HD6950, TM Warthog, TIR4 /w Pro-Clip, 24 In Samsung Syncmaster LED, 2 X Cheapo 8in LCD's for MFD's and TM MFCD's attached to it, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

I find it ¡¡¡¡

Several days of hard work but finally i have got it...

To change caution and warning lights to english do that:

1-Open CDDS explorer in modman.

2-Go to Bazar\World\Cockpit-Ka-50 Textures.cdds

3-Select Ka-50 FONT LAMP ENG.TGA

4-Extract to any folder.

5-Change the name to Ka-50 FONT LAMP RUS.TGA, ( instead ENG, change to RUS)

6.Insert the edited TGA into the position of the original russian Ka-50 FONT LAMP RUS.TGA

Enjoy it.

PLEASE make a backup of the original russian TGA file.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]