Hangar doors - how do I open 'em and how do I close them?

AvgeekJoe

you can place an AI in the hangar and set it to uncontrolled. 

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

1 hour ago, draconus said:

Pilots do not decide which hangar to open IRL.

Here's my problem: I set my Frogfoot to take off from the runway and then assign it a hangar.  Then the Frogfoot after blowing up a Russian floating helipad taxis up to the hangar and the doors stay closed.

2 hours ago, AvgeekJoe said:

Here's my problem: I set my Frogfoot to take off from the runway and then assign it a hangar.  Then the Frogfoot after blowing up a Russian floating helipad taxis up to the hangar and the doors stay closed.

Well it's inconsistent, if you started without caring for the hangar, why care for it later? Imagine going back in, just the same way you imagined getting in the aircraft. The doors work like was said, same as the runway lighting and the rest of the sim, not everything has a reason or a switch. There's tricks to get around it, but better to either use the hangar you started from or park it in an open apron.

• Like 1

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

16 minutes ago, Pikey said:

Well it's inconsistent, if you started without caring for the hangar, why care for it later? Imagine going back in, just the same way you imagined getting in the aircraft. The doors work like was said, same as the runway lighting and the rest of the sim, not everything has a reason or a switch. There's tricks to get around it, but better to either use the hangar you started from or park it in an open apron.

Thanks @Pikey.  Yeah I'm inconsistent.  Need to fix that on my end.

4 hours ago, AvgeekJoe said:

Can you share the mission? My simple test works fine. Su-25 lands at Kobuleti, taxi to hangar #27 and it opens, parks in, then it closes. Have you designated parking # for the DP (landing) point?

Su-25 landing hangar.miz

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria