Help me with my case 1 pretty please, its crap lol

eatthis

can anybody give me some help with case 1, i just cant get any consistency on the initial break and im behind it from then on.
ps ignore 1st run i was setting all the switches and i take off that way so i dont have to redo the switches! 
i think 52 was my highest score

Edited by eatthis

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

- you need to have it trimmed to stay level at 800 feet at the initial without major stick input

- take it upwind a bit further until you get better

- at the break, bank, pull, throttle to idle, speedbrake out, hold pull, adjust bank to stay level (leave wings aft)

- at 300knt, hit wings forward, ease pull, gear down at 250

- roll out on downwind, flaps down at 220, dlc engaged, trim nose up, descend to 600, throttle should be moving alot to maintain 600, adjust trim as needed

- at 180, left rudder to initiate turn, add throttle as you begin descending turn, alt 600 down to 500

- at 90, maintain 450-475 alt, look for ship/wake, keep moving throttle

- reduce throttle as you roll out in the groove, but keep it moving

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

looked like you started your turn too early at the 180.....should be at 1.3 miles but fly past LSO station until you see the white roundown... radar alt should be set around 375 and should go off right as you cross the wake 

I don't think you're pulling hard enough at the break, should be around 4 g's.... also going auto with the wings as soon as you break is causing you to balloon up to 800-900 ft...... bank more, pull harder with wings aft until you see 300 knt, then thumb auto sweep.... that will put you further out abeem  too....should be 1.2-1.3

Edited by SCPGrinder66
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, SCPGrinder66 said:

- you need to have it trimmed to stay level at 800 feet at the initial without major stick input

- take it upwind a bit further until you get better

- at the break, bank, pull, throttle to idle, speedbrake out, hold pull, adjust bank to stay level (leave wings aft)

- at 300knt, hit wings forward, ease pull, gear down at 250

- roll out on downwind, flaps down at 220, dlc engaged, trim nose up, descend to 600, throttle should be moving alot to maintain 600, adjust trim as needed

- at 180, left rudder to initiate turn, add throttle as you begin descending turn, alt 600 down to 500

- at 90, maintain 450-475 alt, look for ship/wake, keep moving throttle

- reduce throttle as you roll out in the groove, but keep it moving

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

looked like you started your turn too early at the 180.....should be at 1.3 miles but fly past LSO station until you see the white roundown... radar alt should be set around 375 and should go off right as you cross the wake 

I don't think you're pulling hard enough at the break, should be around 4 g's.... also going auto with the wings as soon as you break is causing you to balloon up to 800-900 ft...... bank more, pull harder with wings aft until you see 300 knt, then thumb auto sweep.... that will put you further out abeem  too....should be 1.2-1.3

thanks for that, il make that my workflow and practise it. looks like my 1st big mistake is switching wings to auto too early

Edited by eatthis

scores are a bit better, i even nailed the break for the 1st time ever! iv got perfect scores in every sector just not at the same time.
that workflow is much easier though so il be sticking with that

the flols and the needles dont tally with each other, why is this?
also needles say im low but banklers says im high when i roll out behind the boat, groove time says perfect so i dont think its that

Edited by eatthis

15 hours ago, eatthis said:

1-the flols and the needles dont tally with each other, why is this?
2-also needles say im low but banklers says im high when i roll out behind the boat, groove time says perfect so i dont think its that

1. ED is yet to tune the FLOLS for the F-14. It's only precise for the F-18 and it's always been so. If you fly the ball. you need to fly a ball or two higher;
2. Because you are too wide, that is, too far from the boat. The needles take into account what your slope should be for a given distance but the script expects you to be at the correct altitude for a much closer distance. You should be between 1.1 and 1.3 NM when you are at 180 and your bank needs to be more aggressive 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

5 hours ago, captain_dalan said:

1. ED is yet to tune the FLOLS for the F-14. It's only precise for the F-18 and it's always been so. If you fly the ball. you need to fly a ball or two higher;
2. Because you are too wide, that is, too far from the boat. The needles take into account what your slope should be for a given distance but the script expects you to be at the correct altitude for a much closer distance. You should be between 1.1 and 1.3 NM when you are at 180 and your bank needs to be more aggressive 

youre talking about the downwind arnt you? rgr the flols
il continue working on it, when im rolling out behind the boat (i tend to turn in too hard and ending up WAAAAAY left if i dont correct it) even with a perfect groove time im low on the needles but high according to banklers

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 8:10 PM, eatthis said:

youre talking about the downwind arnt you? rgr the flols
il continue working on it, when im rolling out behind the boat (i tend to turn in too hard and ending up WAAAAAY left if i dont correct it) even with a perfect groove time im low on the needles but high according to banklers

Yep, on the downwind, just before the final break. Sorry for the late reply, i was on a forums hiatus for a few weeks. 
You should be 1.1-1.3 miles away from the carrier at the closes point downwind, and then bank into it just as you cross the stern. Control the descent with bank angle and throttle input. 

• Like 1

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache