How to put a JACT

SUHANG

Hi guys. does anyone know how to put a JACT in the mission editor? I want to set up a mission with JACT to designate the target with laser. I tried several times with a ground hammer, but when I contact it, it only report the location of the target but when comes to the laser, it says "no mark". And I tried the drones, it did reply me with the laser mark with the 1688 code. And interact with me when I fly to IP and begin the attack. It even report me "laser on " and the final stage. But when I drop the laser guided bomb, it said abord abord abord, you are not authorized for the attack. 

I believe I correctly set up the JACT uint with the task execution things, anyone know how exactly to set this JACT things up?

thanks

The "ABORT, ABORT, ABORT" likely means you didn't follow ALL the radio steps required:

1 - call in at IP    
2 - call for LASER ON    
3 - call SPOT    
4 - call "IN FROM THE N/E/S/W" as appropriate  
5 - WAIT for "CLEARED HOT" confirmation or "ABORT, ABORT, ABORT" call

I haven't played much with the mission editor, but my 1st thought on "no mark" would be to make sure you have a clear line of sight to the target (check elevation between laser and target)

1 hour ago, SUHANG said:

I am pretty sure on following on the right procedures for the JTAC.  It's just on the mission editor, when I am creating a JTAC. On the weapon practice mission of FA18, I successfully delivered the laser guided bomb.

@SUHANG

Attach the mission to your post so people can have a look at it, to correct any issue they might see with it.

Regards, Ian

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

On 2/20/2022 at 3:41 PM, SUHANG said:

Hi guys. does anyone know how to put a JACT in the mission editor?

Try one of this mission editor JTAC setup tutorials:

BTW: This subforum is totally wrong for your request. This one would fit much better. But maybe a moderator will move the thread.

Edited by AstonMartinDBS

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

10 hours ago, SUHANG said:

Please help me to check what is wrong. thx

Your mission contains a few unnecessary (advanced waypoint) tasks and requires some tweaking (AFAC callsigns and COMM frequencies for instance), but the communication worked for me and I managed to force the JTAC to mark the targets.

I've created a similar simple test mission with a Reaper as AFAC which marks the targets with laser only. You (F/A-18C) are supposed to deliver GBU12s. Contact the JTAC via 251.000 MHz AM, frequency is stored as Ch 1 in COMM 2.

Edit: All of my few test runs resulted in successful laser designation by the AFAC, but for any reason I always got the "ABORT ABORT ABORT" message immediately after each bomb release (which causes an abandonment of the laser designation and - of course - a dumb GBU trajectory).

JTAC Test Reaper.miz

Edited by AstonMartinDBS

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro

On 3/7/2022 at 11:36 PM, AstonMartinDBS said:

All of my few test runs resulted in successful laser designation by the AFAC, but for any reason I always got the "ABORT ABORT ABORT" message

Well... typical user error, I skipped step 4 and didn't get the "cleared hot" message, of course 🤪

On 2/20/2022 at 6:30 PM, rob10 said:

1 - call in at IP    
2 - call for LASER ON    
3 - call SPOT    
4 - call "IN FROM THE N/E/S/W" as appropriate  
5 - WAIT for "CLEARED HOT" confirmation or "ABORT, ABORT, ABORT" call

I retried JTAC Test Reaper.miz and I was able to deliver 4 GBUs successfully.

Edited by AstonMartinDBS
  • Like 1

[OS] Windows 11 Pro