WHY is the english version $49.99!

Cinch

Is it just me who thinks its crazy that it ONLY costs 50$? It costs the same as Sims or GTA or any other brainnumbing GAME when you get so much from this wonderful medium called a study sim.

To put it short - I WOULD PAY 300$ FOR A GREAT SIM!!

I will sell you my copy when I get one then.

• Like 1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will sell you my copy when I get one then.

Very funny..;/

What i ment is that i think there could be a market for in-depth sims with a higher pricetag, like Virtual Battle Space for instance, but not at the 2000$ mark. Since people who play sims usually consider them more then just "fun" and are, unlike the avarage FPS/console player, willing to spend hundreds on hardware and controllers then why not spend more then 50$ on the software that is at the core?

Very funny..;/

What i ment is that i think there could be a market for in-depth sims with a higher pricetag, like Virtual Battle Space for instance, but not at the 2000$ mark. Since people who play sims usually consider them more then just "fun" and are, unlike the avarage FPS/console player, willing to spend hundreds on hardware and controllers then why not spend more then 50$ on the software that is at the core?

I know! Ooooh, I kill me :D

I know what you mean but BS still lacks too many things (enviromental). I would pay ~100$ for DCS module but not yet, not... yet...

Edit:

To make myself clear though - I do NOT question English dl version price.

Edited by Bucic

Well I was bummed thinking no training missions till almost spring, so even though I just shelled out 30 clams to learn the russian alphabet a week ago, I'll gladly send some more to ED.

It's not so bad compared to what I'm spending for hardware to run it, hehe (2700 in the last two weeks.)

I been training on the rig below while I build a new one---it's not pretty.

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

i can't understand some peoples...

in this topic there is 50 god reasons why the price is goooood!

this topic is STUPID!

for boy's under 21:

DON'T GO TWO TIMES IN MCDONALDS

AND YOU ARE GOING TO SAVE MONEY FOR BLACK SHARK

for boy's over 21:

DON'T GO ONE SUTERDAY NIGHT DRINKING

AND YOU ARE GOING TO SAVE MONEY FOR BLACK SHARK

and, in my county average monthly salary is f@#$in 500$, and we are not

complaining about 50$ for black shark (10% OF 500$)

NOW, THINK ABOUT YOUR SALARY AND IMAGINE THAT YOU PAY 10% OF YOUR SALARY FOR THE GAME!!!

I know! Ooooh, I kill me :D

I know what you mean but BS still lacks too many things (enviromental). I would pay ~100$ for DCS module but not yet, not... yet...

I hear you, and thats exacly what i mean - a development towards deeper high-end sims might take a higher price. If we think about the price of a DVD or say a..toaster.. we get VERY much more for our 50$. And it would only be logical to invest more in a sim then a couple of DVDs.

I havent read all the posts in this topic, but if someone is actually questioning that BS should cost 50$ they must be insane.

Edited by Schutz

• ED Team
Is it just me who thinks its crazy that it ONLY costs 50$? It costs the same as Sims or GTA or any other brainnumbing GAME when you get so much from this wonderful medium called a study sim.

To put it short - I WOULD PAY 300$ FOR A GREAT SIM!!

Do not be worry.:D:joystick: Don't forget to buy DCS: A-10C, DCS: F-16 etc...when released.:joystick::)

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

To echo the thoughts of many here this SIM is a steal at 49 USD.

The amount of work and technical excellence that went in to producing this product clearly justifies a higher price. I would have paid a lot more for this product than 49 USD. That’s my choice.

I have bought the Russian version, I'll by the English DL version, the box set and the manual - reason because I want more DCS modules, and we need to support ED now more than ever. Take a look around at what's happening in the rest of the world.

Thanks again ED for an outstanding SIM.

@ OP

lol yeah why is everything in my country so much more expensive than in non industrial countries? It's not fair! ;)

Ofcourse prices are different depending on where you are in the world. This is nothing new or special for DCS. This is common knowledge. You should have heard the phrase "oh we go there every summer cause its so nice and cheap over there". Classical holiday saying.

The 49USD will translate in sweden to a little more - exactlly what the games cost normally over here. And that is cheap for a sim like this. It will however make everyone plus some more to buy it i think. Steel beasts pro only sold to the most hardcore and casual or many sim beginners skipped it because of the high price. Im one of the hardcores though and would gladly pay more.

Regards

Alex

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

Hi all. I think Dcs Bs is a greatest sim, to tell the truth THE BEST And $50,00 is *not* an invalid price for such a product !!! (IMHO) BUT i think that ED should not negate that so many ILLEGAL copies have been produced and should think at WHOM (like me, but obviously I'm not alone) preferred to buy a russian *legal* version, without waiting for Feb2009 and being glad to support this wonderful sim, since the first version. Now I think ED should only consider to give those people the chance to get the english version with an UPGRADE license (less than $50,00), considering they already paid for the first version. It's ok to pay for the translation and for the addons !!! $50,00 is *not* a great price, but I think a well-coordintated sale-behaviour should be part of this process. This is *only* my opinion and, obviously I will be forced to buy the english version *if* the patching level and addons availability for this version will become available faster than the for russian one. But this would not make me very happy! Thanks to everyone for reading. Bye David "MaxTow"

Why $49.99? Cos Western is more rich. Don't wanna divide world on rich and poor but simple life is brutal... For East 50 bucks would be too high, for West it is not much (but remember West is not only Germany, France, GB but also Chech, Albania, Poland ect where income is between in middle of East and West.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

There are no moral judgments involved in pricing a product. It's simply priced according to market value.

...and at $50 its market value meets mine nicely! I can't wait to get home and get busy on some E-Commerce! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

I no read seven pages of threath :), in my opinion, this diferent value of price, specially in download version (no cost os shipping), is not justifiable.

I have always supported and defended BS, but the work of the people is to criticize the Governor when they do wrong.

P.D: And diferent quality of life is no reason for diferent prize, quality of life does not influence anything, the price of the product.

P.D2: ¿Moved to Chit-Chat? :shocking::cry:

Edited by Legolasindar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

.....in my opinion, this diferent value of price, specially in download version (no cost os shipping), is not justifiable.

Yes it is unless ED want to cut their own throats as far as distribution options for the DVD version in the west are concerned.

The Recommended Retail Price (RRP) is not set by ED.... It's set by the distributors in their country or region. Approx £34.00 is the RRP for PC titles in the UK, and AFAIK approx $50.00 is the RRP in the US (current exchange rate means that it actually works aout about £35.70 in the UK).

If ED sell the download version far cheaper than the local RRP then where is the distributor's motivation to market a product that they'll have to make a loss on to sell? Sure we may see it cheaper at some stage.... But that is a case of a retailer trying to make themselves more competetive by reducing the profit margin they make when compared to that built into the RRP.

Remember that the Russian version was never supposed to be available to the west. The only reason ED made the Russian download available was because they saw that many western users were using their intiative to find ways to get the Russian version.... Not to save money, but to get a copy of the title quicker. It doesn't matter what ED's motivation for doing so, but they made the Russian version available and in doing so saved a lot of western users from jumping through all the hoops they were having to to get hold of a copy. It may have been simply a quick money spinner in the short term, but the end result was a service to the community they had no obligation to supply.

Also bear in mind that if the Russian version had not been made available to the west, everyone who is currently complaining about the price of the English download version would have happily paid out their $50 and thanked ED profusely for the privilige.

P.D: And diferent quality of life is no reason for diferent prize, quality of life does not influence anything, the price of the product.

Welcome to capitalism. :smilewink:

There are no moral judgments involved in pricing a product. It's simply priced according to market value.

Maybe not when you were pricing YOUR product. But your perspective is not a reflection of an indisputable truth. Then again, neither is my point of view lol! From another perspective, sustainable economics should always include a moral basis. ;)

The value of morality is also the effect of the perspective of others outside of our selves on the actions we take vis-a-vis pricing a product for example ... IMO the actions of ED shows a moral perspicacity, even though some one might say it is not by design ... but the sub-conscious is something else again heheh.

Capitalism is not sustainable, its like a fatal disease that eventually kills it's host. There are alternatives that are more humane than capitalism. Whether or not ED do what they do based on this consideration or not is irrelevant to me in the long run ... and it is not only capitalism that seeks to profit from it's ventures.

I will buy multiple copies of this product ... without a doubt!

Cheers.

Edited by Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Well I think that 50 dollars is a fair price for such a great a longevity product

IMHO

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

You're right, it's not about FSX after all... I knew it I shouldn't replay to this thread... well too late now.

What I ment was, it's hard to believe there are 8 pages of talk about nothing... It's still 49.99. And we can write another 8 and it still will be 49.99

(ignore it, wanna get my post count up to 700 :P )

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To be honest I live in the UK and am used to being charged more software companies because of where I live.

Mcafee are one of the worst, they charge you in pounds the equivelent to the same amount of dollars etc. So effetively we are paying 1 and 1/3 more for the same products as the yanks which pisses me off no end.

BS is still good value but the disparity in the amounts stilll annoys a little.

yeah, most of the games for PC in UK are £39.99...

39.99 British pounds sterling = 59.16 US dollars

Exchange rate: 1.479290 Rate valid as of: 11/12/2008

Recently wanted to get CD copy of Win XP... It's no longer available... the only way is to get it preinstalled on Hard drive, so costs including HD, installation, post & packing, VAT came to £460... :D

Must admit I was surprised to find that LO costs only £10

Edited by Peyoteros

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ocrap, and to think ive only just got the russian version, wont be able to get the english download, till at least xmas time:(

owell, so long to wait:music_whistling:

back to the russian version for me then:joystick::pilotfly:

regards

Tbone