WHY is the english version $49.99!

Cinch

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the russian version and yesterday, the English version. Good detailed flight simulators are so hard to come by these days(except the Borg Microsoft version of course) that I don't mind paying money for a good high quality simulator. ED has obviously put a lot of time into this sim, and I would expect that they will continue working on Black Shark to add new features and patches. They need to have funding to continue patching and improving the sim. They have their 74 dollars from me and I hope they continue developing great sims.

Great job ED. Thanks for the awesome SIM!

Black Shark English version is £34 which is very expensive compared to Fallout 3 that is in ASDA for £24. COD4 £19 at Soft UK. COD5 £23 at CDWOW.

I got the Russian Black Shark DVD for £12 which is a much cheaper price and I've now decided I'm going to stick with the Russian version. I just wish someone would mod the Russian version into the English version which should be a breeze for someone who has the International version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... which would be illegal.

I just wish someone would mod the Russian version into the English version which should be a breeze for someone who has the International version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Black Shark English version is £34 which is very expensive compared to Fallout 3 that is in ASDA for £24. COD4 £19 at Soft UK. COD5 £23 at CDWOW.

You compare BS to a game in which computer suddenly decides that you are better (RPG) :disgust:

You compare BS to a game in which computer suddenly decides that you are better (RPG) :disgust:

Variety is the spice of life Bucic :). I'm a gamer. I'm not a dedicated genre fan. I like RPG, FPS, Stratergy and sims. Fallout 3 is an awesome game that's why it has a huge fanbase.

Edited by Vault

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Variety is the spice of life Bucic :). I'm a gamer. I'm not a dedicated genre fan. I like RPG, FPS, Stratergy and sims. Fallout 3 is an awesome game that's why it has a huge fanbase.

I shall not talk to you, infidel :disgust:

;)

The Russian and International versions are separate products, and transfer of existing material that was created by ED from one to the other should be done only with the express permission of ED.

Care to elaborate?
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Fallout 3 RRP: 34,99 GBP

Call Of Duty 4 RRP: 39,99 GBP

Call Of Duty "5" RRP: 34,99 GBP

Groove no one pays RRP's.

F3.

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/5483399/Fallout-3/Product.html?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-VideoGames-_-Strategy-_-Fallout+3&source=5063&engine=froogle_videogames&keyword=Fallout+3+(PC)

COD4

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/174666/call-of-duty-4-pc-20-49-cd-wow/

COD5

£23 quid at ASDA on offer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Paying for Black Shark $24 or 49 $ is not a problem and it's well worth it.. Sometime when you pay 49$ for a small FSX addon make me feel robed ... to end up very disappointed ..

Also if you want to make some nice gifts to sim friends, do them a favor buy them BS :) or a copy of Flaming CLiff .. ;)

Completely irrelevent. As I pointed out in my previous post in this thread, ED can't sell the English version below the local region's RRP and still expect to get a distributor to market the sim at what would in all possibility result in a loss to the distributor.

ED have to go with the RRP.... it's down to the local retailers (who are supplied by the distributors) to decide if they want to reduce their profit margins by selling at a lower price.

Football Manager 2009 was sold both in store and via Steam.... And for the same reason, the Steam version was nearly £10 MORE expensive on release day and via pre order.

Care to elaborate?

Probably because the EULA might state that you have purchased the rights to use the software, but you don't own the software. The software is still legally owned by ED.

It's draconian I know ;) and the concept originated in your country.

The alternative which is much better IMO ... also originated in your country, was initially thought up by one Richard Stallman of MIT ... a stellar personage if ever there was one ... inventor of GNU Copyleft.

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

I think the price for English version is not a bad deal, why I can't understand is why not to this people who has bought Russian version there is not a disccount buying the English version, it happens it other addons like FS9 version and then appears and addon for FSX, if you have the FS9 addon then you get a disccount in FSX addon.

Now I have bought Russian version only 2 hours before the English version was released. I did it because I wanted to help EDS althought I can't understand a word of Russian ( we all know there are another methods to get the Russian version), and now I have a copy of the Russian version and I have to pay again to get the English version without any disscount, when hunders of people get the Russian version for other methods and now they can buy the English version paying the same quantity.

Tell me who wanted to help EDS? Why always the people who make right always finish loosing?

I can't understand EDS politic, the people who try to make the right think are the people who lose now not being supported by them...oh damm it's a crazy world!!!!!!

Yep, it totally decides for me. I don't have to do squat. No experience points, no exploring, no crafting no slaying dragons, nothing. I'd quit playing CRPGs and just play pen and paper Dungeons and Dragons, but I'm afraid I would get spooked by all those 12 and 20 sided die that roll on their own and those character sheets that fill themselves out! ;)

Speaking of this, Blizzard sure is raking in the cash for that game where the computer that just decides everyone should be level 80 and have the best gear in the game with no actual need to play, huh guys?. $150,000,000,00 on income a month for a game that does all the playing for you! That's almost a crime! :D