Beeping sound

CappuccettoRosso

Yes. If you really want to fly around continuously with such a low power setting, then do it with a big reduction in the rpm and keeping the throttles above the warning point.

(I find that the warning makes a handy reference point when flying in formation and having to make numerous small power adjustments).

Edited by Terry Dactil
typo
  • Like 1

• ED Team
10 hours ago, CappuccettoRosso said:

Hello,

Just tried the Mossie, and I enjoyed it very much. Great work from ED, as always.

Is there a way to turn off the beeping warning sound the Mossie makes when you are low throttle and with gear up? It makes you crazy after a while.

Thanks in advance.

Here is a little hack for you 🙂
Sounds.zip unzip it to your c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Saved Games\DCS folder

It will turn off the warning sound

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

• 1 year later...

If you're interested in econo-cruising with reduced power and no warning sound, just get boost to 7 first and then drop rpm to 2000 or below. That will push boost down to 4-4.5 without beep.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

33 minutes ago, stuart666 said:

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt this a warning to increase revs, so it doesnt cause plug fouling? I dont know if thats modelled.

The beeping sound is because of too low throttle/MP/Boost, not RPM. It's there to remind you to lower the gear, as you are often using little throttle on approach/final. 

And yes, plug fouling is likely modelled, though there are no official infos about what is actually modeled or not. 

Edited by razo+r

@stuart666 This beeping sound so to warn pilot to lower landing gear and sound is activated if throttle is retarded far enough. 

As @Art-J siad, engines in mosquito are supercharged at high rpm supercharger output is very big and to get +7 boost you need little throttle opening and this triggers beeping sound, by reducing rpm to 2000 rpm supercharger output lowers significantly so to achieve +7 boost you need to open throttle almost all the way and this no longer triggers beeping sound.

About sparkplug fouling, thing  is modeled but it would require very long low power cruise to get in to it. The fastest way to foul spark plugs is idling engine for long time on the ground, this is why pretty much every manual advice to do magnetos checks before take off after long time spend on the taxi way, this could happen when large amounts of planes were taking off for mission at the same time. If you do 30 min cruise at 2000 rpm you don't need to worry about that, as manuals claims  for precaution you should increase power every 30min  of low power cruise, but to get in to severe sparkplug foul you would need to hold that low power for much much longer, trick is that if you do allow to happen and if one of cylinder stops firing there is no option to fix it in flight.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

On 2/21/2022 at 6:32 AM, btd said:

Here is a little hack for you 🙂
Sounds.zip unzip it to your c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Saved Games\DCS folder

It will turn off the warning sound

Just grabbed this as it can be annoying. I probably won't leave it installed for the sake of realism but I'll tuck it in a folder in case of headache.

Can't build me one for me tinittus can ya? Needed for both my port & starboard engines.

Edited by Slippa
Typo

Initially I was troubled by that sound, too. Especially when trying to stay in formation in the channel free flight mission. But after learning that my RPMs was too high. It wasn't a problem anymore. I don't even set them ultra low. Just to the recommended cruise setting.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"