Giving Viggen another trial time. But training is not working.

DmitriKozlowsky

It does not appear to work as advertised. Swedish cockpit does not help. 

RB-75 usage. AGM-75B on station. Weapon selector rotary on RB75. Master Mode to ANF. Trigger safety UP.  AND nothing! Does not work. No seeker view , weapon release does not do anything.

Gun Pod usage

Weapon selector rotary to AKAN. Master Mode ANF. Trigger safety UP. Cannon does not fire.

Training mission instruction is not effective. At least to myself.

Try a repair and then try again. 

If it still doesnt work, attach a track. 

Also, if it doesnt have an english pit by default, just download one. I have an english one and dont remember downloading a mod for that. 

Edited by razo+r

1 hour ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Kind of wish for English cockpit option in Special.

EN cockpit mod of mine link is below, but I'm not sure if it will solve your weapon problem.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2400126/

Have fun. 🙂

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

8 hours ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

It does not appear to work as advertised. Swedish cockpit does not help. 

RB-75 usage. AGM-75B on station. Weapon selector rotary on RB75. Master Mode to ANF. Trigger safety UP.  AND nothing! Does not work. No seeker view , weapon release does not do anything.

Gun Pod usage

Weapon selector rotary to AKAN. Master Mode ANF. Trigger safety UP. Cannon does not fire.

Training mission instruction is not effective. At least to myself.

Can you provide a video or a track file of your mission?
I used the official training mission "Air-to-ground: RB75 Air-to-ground Missile", and it worked perfectly.
Maybe you can share your mission from the mission editor in order to have a detailed look...

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

1 hour ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

I placed in C:\Users\*******\Saved Games

Nope. Did you read the ReadMe.txt, mate?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Yes. And decided not run the mod. As it would have to be redone with every update. If mod cannot be placed into .../users/name/Saved_Games/... I dont use it. But Viggen does need an organic English language cockpit, or perhaps a floating translation option invoked by hovering pointer over switch and instrument. 

Yeah, I don't understand the RB-75 instruction. Maybe I am an idiot. All I ever see with RB-75 (AGM-65A) is pure white in the reticle telescope. Adjusting EP13 contrast and brightness does little. It don't lock on, and it don't fire. TV T switches don't appear to do anything. Its confusing, and frustrating. 

Does the blinking mean its locked on, or that's its inside Maverick launch minimum?

Master Mode: ANF

Weapon Selector: RB-75 (aligned with teardrop)

Trigger safety: UP (ARM)

Weapon release : nothing happens.

Edited by DmitriKozlowsky

10 минут назад, DmitriKozlowsky сказал:

All I ever see with RB-75 (AGM-65A) is pure white in the reticle telescope. It don't lock on, and it don't fire.

Try to adjust the EP13 with the contrast and brightness knobs.

As far as I'm aware, it won't fire untill it locks something.

Edited by Jagdgeschwader

Viggen GIF 2.gif

"If we don't end war, war will end us."  

H. G. Wells

AFAIK it only locks on to units (either dead or alive), but not to terrain features.
Are you using TV button for locking?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Thank you.

Unfortunately, it is not helping.

Either the tut is outdated or there has been a significant change. Because the basic functionality is not working as advertising. To slew EP seeker press T1, then slew with radar. But it does not work as instructed. Attached is image. Shows my setup.

Master Mode: ANF (air to ground)

Weapon selector : RB75

Trigger safety: UP (ARMED). Which I cycled s few times.

Not visible is EP set to TV T1 via HOTAS.

As we see, I have no seeker sight in EP13 sight.

So something is hosed.

Viggen_RB75_not_functioning.jpg

6 hours ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

As it would have to be redone with every update. If mod cannot be placed into .../users/name/Saved_Games/... I dont use it.

I understand you. That's why we use JGSME or OvGME (see the image) apps to install/uninstall mods quickly.
...but, it's your decision, of course.
🖐️

image.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Trigger safety: UP (ARMED). Which I cycled s few times.

It is not required to do this. Keep your fingers off the safety unless you have a lock!!

Trigger safety up is only necessary (required) when you already have successfully locked onto a target.
Then the next steps are:
.) trigger safety up, and then
.) fire the weapon

I hope it helps, despite I doubt a little bit because of the amount of information given so far.
This makes no sense to me at all: "Not visible is EP set to TV T1 via HOTAS. "

Another approach might be to check if you have accidently engaged any of the TV, T1 with your config.
In the past we had users having these kind of problems.

Further note that Johns tutorial video is wrong.
You actually have to use T1 to start slewing the cross hair, which you have already noticed.
So the steps are:

Weapon selector to RB75.
Master Mode to ANF.
Press T1.
Slew crosshair.
Press TV once over a target that is lock-able.
Trigger unsafe.
Fire.

Edit: I attached a track that shows that everything works fine.
You might find something you are doing wrong, or something is wrong with the DCS installation.

11 - AJS37 Training RB75.miz_2022-02-24_00-49.trk

Edited by TOViper
  • Like 1

my computer:

14 hours ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Yeah, I don't understand the RB-75 instruction. Maybe I am an idiot. All I ever see with RB-75 (AGM-65A) is pure white in the reticle telescope. Adjusting EP13 contrast and brightness does little. It don't lock on, and it don't fire. TV T switches don't appear to do anything. Its confusing, and frustrating. 

Does the blinking mean its locked on, or that's its inside Maverick launch minimum?

Master Mode: ANF

Weapon Selector: RB-75 (aligned with teardrop)

Trigger safety: UP (ARM)

Weapon release : nothing happens.

Try the different positions for the radar mode. there can often be a bit of a difference in how well you can see in the scope with different modes.

I'll get it to work .Hopefully, eventually. 

8 hours ago, Devrim said:

I understand you. That's why we use JGSME or OvGME (see the image) apps to install/uninstall mods quickly.
...but, it's your decision, of course.
🖐️

image.png

Thank you. I may give it a try. But I prefer to keep my DCS as cherry as possible, and just add skins and mods that go into Saved Games.

• Like 2