Hip refuses to obey collective.

iwn

I have Virpil collective and it is working with the rest; Huey, Gazelle, Hind and Kamov. With Hip it is recognized in control settings, in game the collective does not move. "F" moves it up (supposed to be some collective lock...?). Also I´m sitting on the left seat, do Russians have it other way?

By default "F" only pushes the grey clutch button on the collective lever, but it shouldn't move the lever itself. Are you sure you've got your physical lever assigned correctly (to the axis called "Flight Control Collective")? I believe the lock itself is not simualted anyway. You certainly don't need to use it in DCS Hip.

And yes, in Russian-design two seater helicopters, PIC seats on the left.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

32 minutes ago, iwn said:

That´s positive and I can see the indicator moving when in "adjust controls".

It would be the best if you could record a short video, showing both your settings and in cockpit and upload for us to see.

While you are having issues with your collective, does your cyclic/pedals respond?

• Like 1

It will be so if the brake simulation is enabled in special options. Probably works like that on the real thing (similar to how trim button on real cyclic works) - AlphaOneSix will confirm.

Otherwise, if it's disabled (default option) you can forget about the F key and the virtual lever should move no matter what.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

There is a knob at the base of the collective that is used to adjust the amount of friction that is applied without pressing the friction release button. The game apparently assumes that you have it cranked down, so that you can't move the collective without depressing the friction release button.

This can be disabled in the "Special" tab in the "Options" window in the "Mi-8MTV-2" section. Find the "Collective Brake Mode" option and make sure it is set to "Default" and not "Hydro lock".

• 1 year later...