F10 map view doesn't open

Hedge
Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

I'm sorry, but this might sound a little weird, but the map view doesn't show up, wenn pressing the F10-key.

I checked the bindings and every other F-key-view works, but the F10-map doesn't. The keyboard is also ok.

No problems in starting the mission editor, but also no F10-map in any mission (standard or self-made-ones)

Any hints, what I could try?

Any help is welcome!

My configuration: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, ROG Crosshair X570 VIII Hero, AMD RX6800XT, 64GB DDR4-3600, Hotas TM Warthog, HP reverb G2

An immediate thought would be more or less the opposite of what you checked: whether something else is also bound to F10 that manages to take precedence. This should normally show up with a warning flag next to the bind, but every now and then — depending on how the bind was created (and especially if accidentally) — they don't.

Have you installed any mods that have their own in-game binds, like SRS and the like? Or do you have some external input modifying software (anything that responds to or sends hotkeys) that could be intercepting the key?

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Tippis:

An immediate thought would be more or less the opposite of what you checked: whether something else is also bound to F10 that manages to take precedence. This should normally show up with a warning flag next to the bind, but every now and then — depending on how the bind was created (and especially if accidentally) — they don't.

Have you installed any mods that have their own in-game binds, like SRS and the like? Or do you have some external input modifying software (anything that responds to or sends hotkeys) that could be intercepting the key?

Hi Tippis, thank you for your ideas.

I checked the keybinds in the settings sections and everything seems ok. When I press the F10-key in the bindings section, DCS jumps to the correct line where it says F10 map view. So the keyboard and binding should work properly.

I use SRS and Opentrack and I checked twice: The F10-Key is mapped nowhere...

No other mods. Thrustmaster Warthog but without the Thrustmaster TARGET software, but the suggested bindings from DCS for the A-10C II.

Still no clue.

My configuration: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, ROG Crosshair X570 VIII Hero, AMD RX6800XT, 64GB DDR4-3600, Hotas TM Warthog, HP reverb G2

Heh, ok, next thing to try: can you rebind the map view or at least add an alternate hot key to get to the map, and does that bring it up ok? Maybe you've managed to prohibit the F10 view for yourself somehow so it doesn't matter what keys you use. 😄

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Flappie:

@Hedge Try this.

F10.png

This was it!!!

Thank you so much! I never thought of this setting supressing the F10 map view generally, when unchecked...

Something learned again.

Thanks for helping!