Tanker will not respond to Legacy A10

Scarecrow
Go to solution Solved by Yurgon,

I've done this many times and something has changed over the last three months as tanker no longer repsonds to "intent to refuel". The mission ive been using for years doesn't work and editing the F18 AAR mission which works when player is in F18 but not in the A10c. I know how to set my radios in A10c cockpit, i can change the contact freq in ME to anyhting i want and F18 is fine but nothing works for the old A10c. 

You've been here long enough to know the old saying: Track, or it didn't happen. 😉

And: the KC-135MPRS is simply not compatible with the A-10C. I don't think it ever was. Have you tried a KC-135 (non-MPRS)?

Edited by Yurgon

Also three months ago I got Vaicom Pro😊. But I hadn't bothered to look up the phrase to tell the tanker "intent to refuel" I was just using vaicom to open the AM radio menu then choosing menu item 6 then menu item 1. This doesn't work in the A10c but does in the F18c because reasons. Using the phrase "approaching for refuel" works great though and I'm not able to make a .trk of me being dumb so you'll just have to trust me, I'm an old timer I know what I'm talking about.

10 hours ago, Scarecrow said:

This doesn't work in the A10c but does in the F18c because reasons.

It works perfectly fine for me in a fresh barebone mission with just an A-10C and a KC-135 tanker. The only thing I've done is place these 2 units, set both freqs to UHF 254.000 MHz and it works out of the box (DCS OpenBeta 2.7.10.19473).

Can you run the track and let us know if the tanker responds when you play the track?

Can you run the track again, take control, and let us know if the tanker responds when you contact him yourself?

A-10C+KC-135.trk

Ok so what i was saying was that  it does work perfectly fine if you use the standard Mic Switch and Fkeys method, the issue i had was a result of using "Vaicom Pro for DCS" to open menus and make selections. Sorry to have confused everyone. There is no need for further investigation

19 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

Ok so what i was saying was that  it does work perfectly fine if you use the standard Mic Switch and Fkeys method, the issue i had was a result of using "Vaicom Pro for DCS" to open menus and make selections. Sorry to have confused everyone. There is no need for further investigation

Arent these the same thing? If you have easy comms off, and use a hotas to bring up the UHF, and select the proper fkey you can issue a command. Isnt this what viacom does?

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

1 hour ago, skypickle said:

Arent these the same thing? If you have easy comms off, and use a hotas to bring up the UHF, and select the proper fkey you can issue a command. Isnt this what viacom does?

When initiating AAR the process you describe works in the F18c but not A10c, but vaicom does work in both aircraft when i use the phrase "approaching for refuel".