A10A ever going to get a cockpit update?

71st_Mastiff

A10A cockpit update to higher resolution and removal of the high and low Canon toggle switch, also have the animation switchology working in the cockpit?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

The FC3 planes are what they are for a reason.  At least the A-10 has a high res, clickable cockpit, version available for sale with the A-10C.  Eagle drivers are out of luck, and no the impending Strike Eagle isn't the same.  It's much heavier and draggier.

• Like 1

Agree, after using the newest A-10C I/II, the cockpit in the A-10A does long in the tooth.

A few years back, I did as best as I could to adapt the excelent (if old) textures from Ricardo's A-10C "Horse of War" into the A-10A, which improves quite a bit the vanilla textures.
Hope it serves those also looking for better looking (and worn, not squeaky clean) cockpit for the A-10A:

Edited by LucShep
  • Like 1

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | UAD Volt1 + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

On 2/22/2022 at 8:08 AM, 71st_Mastiff said:

A10A cockpit update to higher resolution and removal of the high and low Canon toggle switch, also have the animation switchology working in the cockpit?

What I mean to say is, not clickable but responsive, when you keyboard a switch on your hotas that switch or toggle will move in the cockpit just like in IL2.

just like the weapons ripple and quantity animated, so should all the rother switch's you interact with in hotas or keyboard.

Edited by 71st_Mastiff
  • Like 1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||