Constant CTDs in single player only

ams999

Hello,

hopefully, there is a solution to my problem: the Marianas map (and only this map) crashes for me but consistently in single player only. In multiplayer, I can use it to my heart's content.
According to the DCS log, DCS seems to think in single player that my GPU gets removed/crashes but only in single player (also, the GPU doesn't crash).

As an example, I attached two dcs.log files, in both I'm using the Through the Inferno Marianas mission but once as single player, a second time as a multiplayer mission on my PC. The former crashes, the latter doesn't even though it's the same mission.

For this example, I had removed all mods, ran a repair, and renamed ../SavedGames/DCS so it was created new in hopes that nothing outside of DCS interferes. Then I ran the mission with the resulting attached logs.

Thanks.

multiplayer_dcs.log singleplayer_dcs.log

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

No difference, unfortunately, not even with 48 GB as a test. Either way, multiplayer yay, single player nope.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance

On 2/22/2022 at 9:46 AM, ams999 said:

Hello,

hopefully, there is a solution to my problem: the Marianas map (and only this map) crashes for me but consistently in single player only. In multiplayer, I can use it to my heart's content.
According to the DCS log, DCS seems to think in single player that my GPU gets removed/crashes but only in single player (also, the GPU doesn't crash).

As an example, I attached two dcs.log files, in both I'm using the Through the Inferno Marianas mission but once as single player, a second time as a multiplayer mission on my PC. The former crashes, the latter doesn't even though it's the same mission.

For this example, I had removed all mods, ran a repair, and renamed ../SavedGames/DCS so it was created new in hopes that nothing outside of DCS interferes. Then I ran the mission with the resulting attached logs.

Thanks.

multiplayer_dcs.log 221.32 kB · 2 downloads singleplayer_dcs.log 268.9 kB · 4 downloads

This crash in SP only is a bit peculiar, would you mind sharing the miz that gives you this error? It's an older mission for sure since I've made a few updates, or at least I'm planning to release a new update soon.

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

Don't worry, it's not your mission, I have that crash with *any* single player mission, also the quick action missions. Also, any module I own (though I mostly tried F-16, Huey, and Gazelle).

I'm using your mission only as an example (as it has all modules ready) but your mission is not the problem. I can reproduce this crash with whatever, I just had this mission handy.

And again, using those same missions as multiplayer doesn't lead to crashes - at least not until now. I just noticed this a short time ago as I never bothered to try multiplayer because I thought the map crashes on me period. Maybe you can imagine my surprise when I saw that multiplayer works. A true 'WTF'-moment.

Edited by ams999

2 hours ago, ams999 said:

Don't worry, it's not your mission, I have that crash with *any* single player mission, also the quick action missions. Also, any module I own (though I mostly tried F-16, Huey, and Gazelle).

I'm using your mission only as an example (as it has all modules ready) but your mission is not the problem. I can reproduce this crash with whatever, I just had this mission handy.

And again, using those same missions as multiplayer doesn't lead to crashes - at least not until now. I just noticed this a short time ago as I never bothered to try multiplayer because I thought the map crashes on me period. Maybe you can imagine my surprise when I saw that multiplayer works. A true 'WTF'-moment.

Ah okay thanks for the info.

Have you tried re-installing the modules you own? Deleting the module completely and then re-installing it?

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

BTW, should this help in any way:

if I choose in the multiplayer menu:

resume manual: crash

resume with clients: crash

resume on load: no crash, perfectly flyable

18 minutes ago, deadlyfishes said:

Ah okay thanks for the info.

Have you tried re-installing the modules you own? Deleting the module completely and then re-installing it?

Thanks for the suggestion but nah, honestly, my play time is somewhat limited so now that I know that I can use the Marianas in multiplayer I think I'll just do that instead of going on wild goose chases and re-installing this or that. This bug looks rather obscure to me but multiplayer for now is a perfectly viable workaround. It's a free map so that is fine by me. I doubt that I would pay money for a map with such behavior but then again I'm quite happy with the Syria map anyway.