UH-60L Black Hawk Mod ("Official" Thread)

very good initative to make an official thread with this fantastic mod. you have done significant NEW work with this mod, and I can absolutely understand the limitations you face due to locked SDK stuff - thanks very much for the detailed explanation. Anyway, keep on going, as you see so many people just enjoy the Blackhawk, and so do I.

Again many thanks for sharing your impressive work with the community!

r.

I wanted to add my voice to the chorus of thank yous – you did fantastic work and I hope you find a way to get around the limitations! But the Blackhawk is great even if no weapons can be added.

And if you're looking for a different helo to work on because ED won't let you make the Blackhawk an official module: afaics Polychop really could use some manpower in creating the Kiowa... I'd love to see your skills applied to the OH-58, that would be a win-win situation.

@BIGNEWY@NineLine

Could you maybe make this a sticky? This mod is excellent enough to deserve it.

• Like 1

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs

• ED Team

I have made this thread a sticky for now, the mod looks great and glad it is doing well in the community. 

thanks

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This mod is seriously great!  Fun to fly, moderately easy to learn, great looking without a doubt.  Honestly, very nice experience!

For those like me that are mostly plane pilots but wanted a taste of what a Helicopter can look like, it's simply mind-blowing that you can get this for free!  Thanks so much for this mod.

Best,

Rafa.

I'm Dragon in the Multiplayer servers.

1 hour ago, Archduke said:

I wanted to add my voice to the chorus of thank yous – you did fantastic work and I hope you find a way to get around the limitations! But the Blackhawk is great even if no weapons can be added.

And if you're looking for a different helo to work on because ED won't let you make the Blackhawk an official module: afaics Polychop really could use some manpower in creating the Kiowa... I'd love to see your skills applied to the OH-58, that would be a win-win situation.

@BIGNEWY@NineLine

Could you maybe make this a sticky? This mod is excellent enough to deserve it.

Why is it imposible to put weapons on it? I put rockets and minigun on the pylons but it won't shoot anything. 

Screen_220222_205223.png

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Airmage said:

Why is it imposible to put weapons on it? I put rockets and minigun on the pylons but it won't shoot anything. 

What I meant is that Kinkkujuustovoileipä said that weapons are locked behind sdk. Maybe you can put them on the pylons but as you said yourself you can’t employ them.

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs

1 hour ago, Archduke said:

What I meant is that Kinkkujuustovoileipä said that weapons are locked behind sdk. Maybe you can put them on the pylons but as you said yourself you can’t employ them.

Still not quite what I meant.

I could easily add the forward firing rockets, guns etc. But I prefer to keep the mod reasonably realistic. Thus I will not add these weapons unless I have the information to accurately or close to accurately model the weapon selection and armament systems, as well as the sights. Given that these weapons were only ever added to 160th SOAR birds, getting that information legally is extremely unlikely.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Kinkkujuustovoileipä said:

Still not quite what I meant.

I could easily add the forward firing rockets, guns etc. But I prefer to keep the mod reasonably realistic. Thus I will not add these weapons unless I have the information to accurately or close to accurately model the weapon selection and armament systems, as well as the sights. Given that these weapons were only ever added to 160th SOAR birds, getting that information legally is extremely unlikely.

It makes sense what you say but, adding guns to it would give alot  more use to it. They are not mandatory, who doesn't want weapons can keep pylons clean, but for myself i sure as hell want to go shooting with it.

• Like 1

I really love the UH60 mod. Thanks so much for your hard work on it. It‘s really a great joy flying it.  I‘m waiting eagerly for v1.2.

Please keep up the great work!

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - FC3 - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO105 - CH-47F - AH-1G(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Afghanistan - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer)

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

On 2/22/2022 at 9:14 PM, Kinkkujuustovoileipä said:

Hey folks,

[...]

6) Please can you do insert-helicopter-here mod next?

Eh, probably not. I've got enough on my hands with this mod, and I'm at a point where I am limited more by ED than anything else, which rather puts me off. I'd love to create more content for DCS, I do genuinely enjoy it (having worked 20-30hrs a week for 14 months to build this...), but I can't see myself doing it again unless I have more/better tools to work with. It might sound arrogant to some, but I know what I'm capable of, and I feel very much 'boxed in' by the limitations imposed on modders. I truly want to make more awesome content for you guys to enjoy, especially after the incredible response to this mod, but it's going to have to be as part of an official third party team or in some way that gives me more access to the full SDK, where I have the access and tools to build full and well developed features.

Hello. Thanks for this wonderful free helicopter (I have all others also and I really appreciate it).

Regarding point 6 in your first post, I really suggest you to get in touch with a 3rd Party or become one. 

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

16 hours ago, Airmage said:

Screen_220222_205223.png

The devs would have to write the code to be able to use the weapons. If you did a model/name/reference swap the module does not know what you want to do with it.