UH-60L Black Hawk Mod ("Official" Thread)

Awesome changes to an already fantastic mod!

I noticed some power setting changes...I used to take off in NTTR out of Laughlin and cruise up the river at 61% torque and helo would maintain 100kts in hand off level flight.

Now does same at about 47% torque maintaining about 80kts.

Also, could somebody get maintenance to change out the tires on the mains? The sidewalls look like my wife curbed them while she was parking!

Thanks guys

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wi-fi 2 motherboard, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus ROG Strix OC GeForce RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm side mounted intake fans and 3 x 140mm top mounted exhaust fans, 1 x 140mm rear mounted exhaust fans, front mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in 3 push, 3 pull intake configuration, 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

thanks for the update!

I really hoped for pilot model for external but i think it will come later

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Am 26.2.2022 um 00:48 schrieb Floyd1212:

Question for those who have experience with the Blackhawk IRL: 

If I'm flying a transport mission, either for medivac or troop transport, maybe 40 km round-trip, what is a normal cruising speed, altitude and torque percentage for this bird?

I feel like pushing 150+ knots at 100 ft and 100% torque is probably not the best habit to get into. 🙂

According to the RL guys on the Discord typical cruise speed is 120-130 kts. The torque required depends on air temperature, altitude, weight etc.

Keep in mind you don't want NOE flying at that speed and normally fly at a height that allows for safe auto rotations in case if a malfunction, unless absolutely necessary...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Any skinners that might want to take on the US State Deparment livery?

Screenshot (228).png

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wi-fi 2 motherboard, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus ROG Strix OC GeForce RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm side mounted intake fans and 3 x 140mm top mounted exhaust fans, 1 x 140mm rear mounted exhaust fans, front mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in 3 push, 3 pull intake configuration, 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

Good morning all,
wonderful work that I discover.
I have many qustions:
How do I make the red square of the order indicator appear ?
what are the keyboard shortcuts for:
- Attitude maintenance
- Level maintenance
- Autopilot

thank you in advance

Thank you for the 1.2 update on the UH60L mod. The mod is already beautiful and it gets better and better.

I noticed the flightmodel is more stable and smooth now.

scale update on the cockpit interior is beautiful….and Collective full down is now more horizontal placed in the cockpit….plus much more features.

Keep up your great work …… The UH60 is a joy to fly!!👍

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

10 minutes ago, Tanuki44 said:

Seems like a restricted link, please check its permissions … thanks a lot.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

26 minutes ago, Tanuki44 said:

Can you test again ?

Now its perfect , thanks a lot .. 👍

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

17 hours ago, Pappy2 said:

Good morning all,
wonderful work that I discover.
I have many qustions:
How do I make the red square of the order indicator appear ?
what are the keyboard shortcuts for:
- Attitude maintenance
- Level maintenance
- Autopilot

thank you in advance

Controls Indicator can be shown with 'RShift + Enter' (can be assigned in the Adjust Controls page)

There is no 'autopilot' in the Black Hawk, instead you have a flight control system that will try to maintain the attitude you trim the helicopter to, as well as assist in turning (i.e. you don't use pedals to turn in cruise), and airspeed hold (which isn't implemented yet).

All you need is the 'Trim Release' button - when you hold it down you have full manual control of the helicopter (i.e. the trim system is released). When you let go of the trim release button (assuming that FPS is on) then the flight control system will try to hold the helo at the current attitude.

You can also make fine adjustments using the cyclic trim hat switch (just like in a fixed wing aircraft).

There is no collective trim nor altitude hold function.

On 3/5/2022 at 12:58 AM, 104th_Money said:

Awesome changes to an already fantastic mod!

I noticed some power setting changes...I used to take off in NTTR out of Laughlin and cruise up the river at 61% torque and helo would maintain 100kts in hand off level flight.

Now does same at about 47% torque maintaining about 80kts.

Also, could somebody get maintenance to change out the tires on the mains? The sidewalls look like my wife curbed them while she was parking!

Thanks guys

A lot of changes were made to bring more realistic torque values. The biggest factors are weight and airspeed - you'll see a dramatically different behaviour if you have ESSS tanks on for example - but altitude and temperature also factor in. 80kts is the most efficient airspeed in general for the BH, so requires very low torque levels to maintain level flight.

slide_10.jpg

You can see in this example performance chart how drastically the torque requirement for level flight (bottom axis) decreases as the airspeed (vertical axes) goes from ~10 to 80kts, and then back up as you get faster.

Edited by Kinkkujuustovoileipä
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kinkkujuustovoileipä said:

Controls Indicator can be shown with 'RShift + Enter' (can be assigned in the Adjust Controls page)

There is no 'autopilot' in the Black Hawk, instead you have a flight control system that will try to maintain the attitude you trim the helicopter to, as well as assist in turning (i.e. you don't use pedals to turn in cruise), and airspeed hold (which isn't implemented yet).

All you need is the 'Trim Release' button - when you hold it down you have full manual control of the helicopter (i.e. the trim system is released). When you let go of the trim release button (assuming that FPS is on) then the flight control system will try to hold the helo at the current attitude.

You can also make fine adjustments using the cyclic trim hat switch (just like in a fixed wing aircraft).

There is no collective trim nor altitude hold function.

GREAT thanks for the reply.
I have a lot of difficulty taking off because the Blackhawk rolls forward.
And for me it is very difficult to maintain the hover, to land.

Small Mod to add the pilot and co-pilot. Caution! these models are static and do not follow the movements of the controls.
The textures are basic, I'll try to provide the UV Maps as soon as I figure out how to export them...
The display choice is in the ME just like the other options UnitPayloads.
Read the installation file in the zip.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DvrOTnztI17RNPlgJ0iaNdbDiV9lR9jb/view?usp=sharing

payload.png

external.png

Edited by Tanuki44
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

When I fly VR the manual trim is not working for me but when I disable VR it works in 2D.  Anyone else having issue the with manual trim in VR?

After more testing the manual trim works just he cyclic doesn't move in VR.

Edited by showtime817th

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In the next version release, is there any way to get the volume turned down on the external view. It is extremely loud, almost as loud as the Harrier engine.

Still friggin awesome work gentlemen!

Ok so I was messing around with the helo today. Decided to just pull full collective and climb vertically and see how high it would go.

At about 12,000ft the stability controls took a dump and it started pitching erratically. Was able to get some forward speed and stabilized somewhat.

I had to use alot of forward stick to keep it from pitching up but climbed to about 20,000ft.

All of a sudden the turbos kicked in at 225kts and about 95 seconds later she was at 1340kts going supersonic and then just blew up.

Gonna try her again and start pulling up at about 1000kts and see if I can get her out of orbit lol.

Screenshot (232).png

• Like 2

Hola 

A ver si me pueden ayudar con èsto , en la versiòn anterior perfectamenrte arrancaba de cero la unidad , hace un rato me descarguè e instalè ( previamante borrado todos los datos de la anterior ) , la nueva versiòn 1.2 y con sorpresa veo que no funciona el tema del Start de ninguno de los motores 

Me sè de memoria el procedimiento de arranque 

1-Batería

2-generación Apu

3-Generador M-1

4-Generador M-2

6-Start  APU 

bolas blancas a medias

Start del M-1 ( botòn encima ) y hacia adelante el throtle

Lo mismo con la M-2

Y no hay manera de que funcione 

Posiblemente haya algun error , ya me diràn

Gracias 

Edited by STABROSS

42 minutes ago, STABROSS said:

Hola 

A ver si me pueden ayudar con èsto , en la versiòn anterior perfectamenrte arrancaba de cero la unidad , hace un rato me descarguè e instalè  (  previamante borrado todos los datos de la anterior ) , la nueva versiòn 1.2 y con sorpresa veo que no funciona el tema del Start de ninguno de los motores 

Me sè de memoria el procedimiento de arranque 

1-Baterìa

1-Apu gen

3-Generador M-1

4-Generador M-2

A continuaciòn el Switch de la APU 

Bolas blancas a medias

Start del M-1 ( botòn encima ) y hacia adelante el throtle

Lo mismo con el M-2

Y no hay manera que funcione 

Posiblemente haya algùn error , ya me diràn

Gracias 

Before starting the engine: 
Air source switch - APU

1.jpg

Edited by pilot1231

A small thing I noticed guys. A very nice PDF was delivered with the chopper with the release 1.1.

However, the PDF is not included in 1.2. We have all the book images though but having the PDF was so handy while having a pad by the computer.