UH-60L Black Hawk Mod ("Official" Thread)

5 hours ago, Frag said:

A small thing I noticed guys. A very nice PDF was delivered with the chopper with the release 1.1.

However, the PDF is not included in 1.2. We have all the book images though but having the PDF was so handy while having a pad by the computer.

You can download the PDF via the Guide link in the first post.

• Like 2

1.jpg

Hola 

En el comentario que expuse , si se lee bien expongo el procedimiento , partiendo desde la baterìa, generador Apu , generador M-1 y generador M-2 y a continuaciòn la APU ( Air Source heat / start engine ) , es màs aparte de èllo los dos switchs de las bombas , que estàn en el panel central central bajo

Es que me sorprende que un tema tan simple no me vaya... y me fastidia pues uno de mis mòdulos favoritos  ..

Cannot change kneeboard position

usually this works:

To change DCS a kneeboard position in a multimonitor setup, edit viewporthandling.lua file in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ folder.

Comment out old line with — and add a new one:
dedicated_viewport = [0,0,562,750}

Check that you are inside of a correct function:

kneeboard-position-ViewportHandling_lua-1-e1586070562385-768x682.jpg

So for example the kneeboard properly appears on my secondary monitor when I make the appropriate changes. However, in the UH60, my kneeboard is gone (prob offscreen somewhere).

How does one change kneeboard and controls position in UH60?

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

Has anyone noticed a continuation of comms issues from a cold start?  It seems once you get the Helo started from a cold start, you can no longer access the communications menu either bound to a joystick or by the default "\" key.  I noticed in older version of the mod the same issue occurred, however if you started hot, you did not encounter this issue.  It leads me to believe maybe it is me?

I was wondering if it may be something I am doing wrong in the start up process.  I do not have easy comms activated in the mission I created or in the settings options.  To the best of my knowledge, I have turned on all radios, so at minimum, I should at least get the comms menu to appear. 

I just recorded a quick video of me starting up the aircraft on the Marianas map with V1.2 of the mod.  If I am indeed starting up correctly, I have not tried another map to see if I can replicate the issue.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  It is annoying to get in the air and go to land on a Ship or do some AA refueling and not be able to communicate with the ship or tanker.  

• Like 1

Tactical take off. 

• Like 4

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 3/14/2022 at 12:43 AM, Devil 505 said:

Has anyone noticed a continuation of comms issues from a cold start?  It seems once you get the Helo started from a cold start, you can no longer access the communications menu either bound to a joystick or by the default "\" key.  I noticed in older version of the mod the same issue occurred, however if you started hot, you did not encounter this issue.  It leads me to believe maybe it is me?

I was wondering if it may be something I am doing wrong in the start up process.  I do not have easy comms activated in the mission I created or in the settings options.  To the best of my knowledge, I have turned on all radios, so at minimum, I should at least get the comms menu to appear. 

I just recorded a quick video of me starting up the aircraft on the Marianas map with V1.2 of the mod.  If I am indeed starting up correctly, I have not tried another map to see if I can replicate the issue.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  It is annoying to get in the air and go to land on a Ship or do some AA refueling and not be able to communicate with the ship or tanker.  

Comms being annoying is a known issue. Current procedure for using the comms can be found in the guide, and includes binding a dedicated 'game comms' found in the options, and correctly setting the intercom knob.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1kCJf5Nk-fU_21eO7W1ozYfb9FKt488ax65IbeuIGVtA/edit#slide=id.g10c2e0f079a_0_755

Communication section starts at page 62

On 3/15/2022 at 1:55 PM, macedk said:

Flip it to rip it 😉

FM got worse last patch. Like it feels like nothing now. 
I am no pilot but still... the rest of helicopters are not like that strange... not even the Gazelle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

On 3/15/2022 at 1:36 PM, Alighierian said:

Comms being annoying is a known issue. Current procedure for using the comms can be found in the guide, and includes binding a dedicated 'game comms' found in the options, and correctly setting the intercom knob.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1kCJf5Nk-fU_21eO7W1ozYfb9FKt488ax65IbeuIGVtA/edit#slide=id.g10c2e0f079a_0_755

Communication section starts at page 62

I follow this and still cannot talk to the tanker. I was wanting to go practice plugs and I can’t make the radio work. I am bound to the PTT (Game Comms) selection. I can get the menu to come up but no workie. I have tried every position on the radio selection dial just in case and nothing. 

Edited by Pavespawn

3 hours ago, Pavespawn said:

I follow this and still cannot talk to the tanker. I was wanting to go practice plugs and I can’t make the radio work. I am bound to the PTT (Game Comms) selection. I can get the menu to come up but no workie. I have tried every position on the radio selection dial just in case and nothing. 

The latest patch of DCS broke the 1.2's radio when not using it through SRS. I have the same issue currently, and am unable to contact anybody with it. The devs are aware of the issue, though, so hopefully we'll have a fix soon-ish.