UH-60L Black Hawk Mod ("Official" Thread)

On 4/18/2022 at 11:30 PM, corbu1 said:

Thank you, Tanuki44!

these are two good news, today.

First - v1.3 of the UH60L is out!

Second - the pilot models are already updated vor 1.3

Where?

I see still 1.2 from the first post:

https://github.com/Kinkkujuustovoileipa/uh-60l/releases/tag/1.2

On 4/18/2022 at 9:24 PM, Tanuki44 said:

Update for the v1.3 (UH-60L.lua)

Integration of Urbi liveries

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3321772/

The view from pilot / co-pilot perspective is tweaked also like it was in the mod (not to be in the face of the pilot 😉 )?

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• Like 3

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

22 minutes ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Thx! 

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

3 hours ago, YoYo said:

Where?

I see still 1.2 from the first post:

https://github.com/Kinkkujuustovoileipa/uh-60l/releases/tag/1.2

The view from pilot / co-pilot perspective is tweaked also like it was in the mod (not to be in the face of the pilot 😉 )?

It's just a repositioning of the Eyepoint compared to 3D models and a height adjustment of the co-pilot head, it is not required to change it, to everyone to see what suits him. 😉

• Like 1

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3321992/  The Hunt for the Red October for Stennis Carrier

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3321991/ The Hunt for the Red October for Supercarrier 

Disclaimer: This video does not contain moustaches or any mention to them. Enjoy the mission.

• Like 3

A simple Human being's Passion

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Great MOD BlackHawk Pilots !!!!

fjc8.jpg

oqmf.jpg

I have several photos in operation (Afghanistan 2008-2009), the pilots are in sand suits with bulletproof vests and camouflage bags.
the camouflage and "pixel" version rather green.
US flag and 101st Airborne patches are low visibility.

The gunners are in "pixel" camouflage traills

vg31.jpg

1ga5.jpg

lik8.jpg

qwye.jpg

6o7n.jpg

If it can help to get closer to reality.

Thank you again for this great work.

Edited by Pappy2
  • Like 2

Once you're in Controls Settings page look out for "Pedal Left" and "Pedal Right", but I strongly recomend you to bind as much as your periferics can afford in axis: cyclic, collective, rudder (pedals in this case) cause flying a chopper is, in a certain way (maybe only in my head), like playing drums: every part of your body does one specific job and different from the others just to balance the bird so in some phases of the flight like Hovering or Landing with the keyboard you're going to loose a lot of sensitivity in moves, so using the keyboard for the rudder is going to make you sweat to keep the bird stable, also can be highly frustrating. Also I can say from personal experience that there's no bad periferic in market (in terms of sensivity), you just only need to expend more time to get the right curves setting. 

• Like 1

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

This MOD is awfully easy to hover, and easy to avoid VRS, and settling with power. Even with 100% fuel and 4 tanks. Is the real UH-60L really that refined and powerful? Or is the mod maybe sacrifing realistic behavior. Otherwise its really cool mod. Hard to beleive that it is open source and free.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

This MOD is awfully easy to hover, and easy to avoid VRS, and settling with power. Even with 100% fuel and 4 tanks. Is the real UH-60L really that refined and powerful? Or is the mod maybe sacrifing realistic behavior. Otherwise its really cool mod. Hard to beleive that it is open source and free.

From its first release in January this mod has been updated 3 times.... and ALL OF  THEM FOR FREE. It's a great example like A-4E and T-45 (and many others I ignore they exist), what passionate people can do with an equation where the X is (or at least it seems) not the money in itself. There's milion ways to positive criticize and to say THANKS. One clue: Don't be so naive to believe every official models are a "faithful recreation" of IRL ones. 

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

2 hours ago, ApacheLongbow said:

I don't think he's criticizes per se, but asking how realistic the current FM is

WE surely never know what he's been doing, but what WE can surely know is what he's not been doing: ASKING. if you use to ask anything his way, please let me know from where are you from.... just to never think in visiting your country.... Sorry Sir I'm a bit lost... How could I get from here to the "awfully" train station?

I've never criticized the points what he criticized. What I've criticized is how he's been criticizing: sometimes people missjudge and mix the fact they're free to criticize with the manners used in the critic. Said that I stop this "non discussion" at this point, best for the wealth of this thread.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

17 hours ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

I assume if it were't relatively straightforward to fly, the Stability Augmentation System wasn't doing its job right...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F1000Starfire said:

I assume if it were't relatively straightforward to fly, the Stability Augmentation System wasn't doing its job right...

Helicoptering is all hands and feet flying. It took me months to learn to fly KA-50 including a coordinated turn. My first rotary sim. Two months to become profficient with UH-1H. UH-1H in DCS with 70% fuel, 2 X M134 miniguns and rocket pods, CANNOT hover. not enough power. To T/O I have to drag skids along ground until I reach some ETL, then after airborne. Do no slow down until fuel is burned off and M134 ammunition expended. Three weeks to learn to fly Gazelle , including hovering, ship landing, and autorot. For UH-60L, in ten minutes I was hovering. Way too easy.  MI-24 I was suffering VRS and unarrested settling issues after third week. The Hind would just decide that it wants to land, regardless. I still have hovering issues in Hind. With 70% fuel , 4 Shturn missiles, and 2 X 32 rocket pods, I have  a hard time hovering. Hind struggles with power. But with UH-60L . With 100% fuel and 4 tanks, thats a heavy helo. Yet it hovers IGE with 75% throttle. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 4:37 AM, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Helicoptering is all hands and feet flying. It took me months to learn to fly KA-50 including a coordinated turn. My first rotary sim. Two months to become profficient with UH-1H. UH-1H in DCS with 70% fuel, 2 X M134 miniguns and rocket pods, CANNOT hover. not enough power. To T/O I have to drag skids along ground until I reach some ETL, then after airborne. Do no slow down until fuel is burned off and M134 ammunition expended. Three weeks to learn to fly Gazelle , including hovering, ship landing, and autorot. For UH-60L, in ten minutes I was hovering. Way too easy.  MI-24 I was suffering VRS and unarrested settling issues after third week. The Hind would just decide that it wants to land, regardless. I still have hovering issues in Hind. With 70% fuel , 4 Shturn missiles, and 2 X 32 rocket pods, I have  a hard time hovering. Hind struggles with power. But with UH-60L . With 100% fuel and 4 tanks, thats a heavy helo. Yet it hovers IGE with 75% throttle. 

Try some AAR. Bet you can do it on your first try, I did! 😄 

Anyway, I love this module, and I'm pretty sure the flight model has changed since the first version, but I have no idea how accurate it is. But I bet it will see improvements if needed. 😊 

I actually struggle a little since the force feedback trimming doesn't work. But I cross my fingers. 👍🏻