UH-60L Black Hawk Mod ("Official" Thread)

7 hours ago, OLD CROW said:

Maybe it could be useful or maybe not cause it is based in first release. Good luck.

Yeah, they didnt show if they got the cockpit sync to work, looks like its just a ride-along.

I get very low fps with the UH-60 mod (usually around 10 and max 40), whereas with all other DCS official or mod planes/helicopters I never get below 60 fps at the same location in Caucasus.

I noticed that I can gain about 10-15 fps when I quit a flight and restart it, but it's still very low compared to all the other aircrafts.

Are there specific graphical settings to be careful about with this mod? Does it require more RAM, VRAM than others?

• Like 1

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

Some mods are slower or faster then others. But you are getting unreasonably low FPS. I generally avg. of 120 FPS, dropping to 75-90 range on busy scenes. You likely have Global displays options on too high. Start with turning of all antialiasing, Depth of Field, Motion Blur, MSAA, anisotropic filter. Civilian Traffic to low. Forrest options to low. Post screencap of your DCS display options and your system specs.

On Nvidia (if you gave Nvidia) side, in Nvidia Control Panel/Manage 3D Settings/ Texture Filtering Quality   set to High Performance.

For Nvidia boards install Game Ready drivers instead of Studio Drivers.

In C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\metashaders2  . Empty the folder and restart DCS.

Tip of the day.

When cold starting from Flight IIA Burke DDG. First thing to do when inside is set the parking brake. Depress toe brakes and lift parking brake. If you don't, with ship under way, the aircraft will slide down the flight deck and collide with superstructure. Rotors and rotorhub will be destroyed. Same thing on recovery to Burke. Once secure on deck, hold cyclic slightly aft to prevent sliding into superstructure, holddown toe brakes and set parking brake. Then reduce power and shut down procedure.

• Like 1

Tip of the day.

In RL, there are lights that direct helo crew to aid in landing on small flight decks of DDG and CG . We don't appear to have that in DCS yet. Perhaps in RL the COB, CO, XO, and Air Boss (even DDG have air bosses) won't like it, but I am landing as far aft of platform as safely possible. Keeping those spinning blades of death (or life) as far from super structure as possible. I also notice that even with ship underway and , helicopters land on an 20-25 deg diagonal. So when recovering the helo is not fly-hovering toward superstructure but diagonal to it, giving crew time, space, and route of escape , should things go south. In RL with flat deck carriers and LHA, they steam to maintain 30 knots wind overdeck. Same with ampib docks and surface combatants. So approach and hover-flying is always faster then minimum ETL . Meaning you need less power, slightly lower collective. In RL the IGE over deck on DDG and LHA is turbulently mixed with wind overdeck, something that DCS , I do not beleive, simulates yet. But in RL is a subject of much RnD as it has been cause of many mishaps. Another cause of helicopter on deck mishaps is gyroscopic effect of rotor blades if ships turns abruptly. Even with idle power and spinning blades the helicopter can dynamically roll, unless secured with chains. A parked on deck UH-60 , cold and dead, with unfolded rotors, can tipover due to strong wind from side. The blades are so efficient in generating lift, even when still, can be effected by winds.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 9:52 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Will try to edit more as I go along learning this aircraft

Here is a walkthrough of my second mission:

Next will be a navigation mission, once I have a more complete set, I will share them at User Files.

Cheers,

Eduardo

• Thanks 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 5/25/2022 at 8:07 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Next will be a navigation mission,

Here is the video walkthrough of my navigation mission:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

I would just like to start off by saying that I Absolutely Love this Blackhawk helicopter mod!! I really appreciate all the time and effort that went into making it. It’s really Awesome to have a flyable Blackhawk in DCS, it’s the perfect stable mate to my Apache!! I know this helicopter is a WIP but I noticed that when the helicopter is viewed from outside running it sounds like an F-16, inside it sounds Great. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Keep up the great work and I’m looking forward to the helicopter maturing.

Edited by Dreams
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreams said:

I noticed that when the helicopter is viewed from outside running it sounds like an F-16, inside it sounds Great. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

No, on my DCS it sounds pretty nice:

Maybe you have a sound Mod installed?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Maybe you have a sound Mod installed?

Thank you for your help, I feel really silly. After some research I realized I somehow downloaded and installed the oldest version of the UH-60 (version 1.0) version 1.3 should fix any problems now.

• Like 2

Hello,

I finally finished a set of training missions for this bird:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3322980/

best regards 

Eduardo

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

• 2 weeks later...

For those who don't follow discord:

Payload.png?width=950&height=534

Version 1.0 of M134 miniguns integreted in mod of pilots
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3321772/

Currently it is a mod that adds to the main mod of the UH60L, it is the 1st phase which is static, the files will be sent to =X51= Kïnkküjüstövöïlëïpä which is the only one to have the capacity to make them functional.

Edited by Tanuki44
  • Like 5

So we can expect a firing mini-gun in the future, right? Fingers-crossed!

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

On 6/4/2022 at 10:10 AM, Rudel_chw said:

Spot on Rudel! I absolutely love this mod.  Looking forward to the next update.  This was a video I did last month after the new carrier lighting came out.  Need to do some combined ops flying with my friends and the Apache.  All shot in VR with PIMAX 8K.

Edited by Devil 505
  • Like 1

Just to clarify, it cannot hook any cargo, right?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

First! I love this mod! Absolutely fantastic brilliant work. It flies and feels like a medium-large helicopter with fully articulated rotor. It is easy to hover, after some practice, has ample power . Of course we are still flying an empty bird. No passengers, cargo, no (yet) functional weapons. Obviously, as it is free non-commercial mod, there are features we don't get. Which is OK.

Flight model , to me seems , great and realistic. It can get into VRS, settling with power, and autorotations are modeled decently. Sadly, as with all DCS helicopters , damage from rotor strike is undermodeled. Meaning that blade strike should result in destruction of blades (which does happen) , rotor head, mast, powerpalnt, gearbox, and fuselage boom damage which do not occur.

I do have a question on ground handling. While on taxing, if pedal deflection is higher then some arbitrary amount, I incur an uncommanded roll and dynamic roll leading to rotordisk-ground collision. Tailwheel is unlocked. So turning UH-60L on ramp has to be with great deal of care. Once it starts to dyn roll , pedal zero and cyclic counter-deflection do not arrest the roll. Has anyone else experienced this type of mishap? I do not think this is a bug, but a feature of UH-60L FM as it is implemented. Cause, IMHO, is pilot error (me), and part of learning curve.

P.S. Sling ops? crew chiefs? door gunners? Are those behind SDK paywall?

• Like 1