Trackir doesn't activate and Vertical sync wont disable

RvEYoda

Ok so I just bought BS english version and trying to run it.

Mostly it seems to run, but I have a few issues.

1. Trackir does not work. Nothing happens when I move my head around,

my trackir has 4 LEDs lit and the green light, but no blue light (saying it's active).

My other games work fine with trackir when I launch them so I wonder what

I've missed...

2. Second is that no matter what I set the ATi control panel to

I cannot disable Vertical sync in Black Shark. This is very annoying when fps keeps

jumping, 60-30-60-30-60-30 stuttering all the time! Game currently unplayable :(

I set Vsync in Ati CP global to "Always off", but it's still on in Black shark...

even though its off in all other games

3. When sounds start (like bullets hitting the ground), I get mini-freezes,

also sound sometimes disappear from my left ear (running headphones) when watching

training tracks. I run pretty new drivers for my sound card. I burn through multiple games

every month and I've never seen this problem before.

Any ideas?

I run

C2d E8400

xfx 790i ultra sli MB with onboard sound

4 gig ram

xp32 sp3

hd 4870 512 MB with catalyst 8.11, res 1920x1200

Trackir 4. Software version 4.1 Build 36

Fresh windows installation

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Run the game update with .036 drivers, right now if you look to the list of supported products BS is not present. NP screwed up something, the game was supported with previous drivers.

No clue about the vsync. That FPS jumping sounds like game is switching cores to me, at least this is how both LO and BS behaved when I got dual core CPU. Installed latest AMD drivers and all good, everything is running on a single core.

I also have some minilags sometimes but only the first time a certain sound is played. The disappearing sound happens sometimes when switching externals, after sometime it comes back again. I'm not sure wether it's driver related couse mine are pretty old.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Did you installed latest game updates in the TrackIR software?

I have the latest trackir software version (as specified in my previous post), but

you say "game updates in TrackIR software"?

I did not know you could update the game list, how do I do that?

Tito: Vsync means the video card syncronizes the framerate with your videocard's monitor update rate.

For my screen it's 60 Hz, and since the BS engine does not seem to use triple buffering it means integer dividers

of 60 Hz as fps. (means if it can perform >=60 fps then you get 60 fps. If it can perform 59 fps you get 30 fps)

You can also visually SEE if vsync is on or not by not noticing any "tearing" by panning the view left/right.

Regardless: I must be able to set Vsync off, or the game will be unplayable for me. Vsync causes heavy stuttering,

but also (and more importantly) an increase and variation in video output delay (which implies noticed controller input delay)

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

FPS are locked....file..i guess...in order make things running at high cycles......should be able to unlock it somewhere in a file.

im more interested....in how cylce issues have been solved relating to past....and as soon as i get this thing in my hands..i will run through it...with sweet conclusion post ....

so far i see very similar problems not even testing it..but details will follow.

im not asking for a masterpiece in efficiency and in coding history

but at least few avoidable "killers" i will search for...definitly

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Full screen switch isn't turned on by default, however it may look like fullscreen when game resolution is the same like desktop's. Without that switch turned on, FPS are locked to max of 30. At least, that was so for me.

You may try to decrease DirectX pre rendered frame count, if you think that rendering effects control responsiveness. NVIDIA has this setting in its control panel. Unfortunately I don't remember if ATI permits to change it via CCC. If not, try ATI Tray Tools, the setting is called "Flip Queue".

• Like 1

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

Full screen switch isn't turned on by default, however it may look like fullscreen when game resolution is the same like desktop's. Without that switch turned on, FPS are locked to max of 30. At least, that was so for me.

You may try to decrease DirectX pre rendered frame count, if you think that rendering effects control responsiveness. NVIDIA has this setting in its control panel. Unfortunately I don't remember if ATI permits to change it via CCC. If not, try ATI Tray Tools, the setting is called "Flip Queue".

Bummer!

Without fullscreen I dont think drivers are allowed to force vsync :)

Thanks I will try this

Yes, I will explain how problems 1 and 2 were solved!!!

Thanks for your help, especially Groove and ZaltysZ you solved the big problems :).

1. Was solved by running update game list in Trackir Software. Thanks Groove

2. Was solved by enabling "full screen" ingame. Without that VSYNC is locked ON,

because in windowed mode gfx drivers could not force Vsync off,

which means if my computer only performs 59 fps, it will show 30 fps :P. (assuming update

rate of my monitor is an integer multiple of 30 ;)). Thanks ZaltysZ

==> Game runs smooth like Lo now!

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

I would just like to add a thank you to Acedy & Groove. I had the same problem with my Trackir as well. All fixed now.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.6 GHz // Motherboard - ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO // GFX - ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB // RAM - Patriot-Viper II 4GB(2x2GB) DDR3-1600 // Audio - Creative X-FI Platinum // OS - Windows 7 Home x64 Bit

CH Fighterstick // CH Pro Pedals // CH Pro Throttle // TrackIR 4 // Eyefinity 20"x3 Portrait :joystick: